Veggies Sky

+852-2537-9877

2/F Fung Woo Building, 279 Des Voeux Rd Central, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China

素藝舍, at 上環德輔道中279號豐和商業大廈2樓, offers a moderate price lunch menu on weekdays. Holidays, Saturday lunch, and evenings is set menu fine dining. Vusy at lunchtime. Dinner reservation is suggested. Nearest MTR Sheung Wan exit B. Formerly named Art Veggies Open Mon-Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm, 6:30pm-9:30pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Vijay Rai

Veggies Sky, Hong Kong - Edit

Art Veggies re-branded to Veggies Sky around March 2016. I've had some enjoyable food here. The evening dinner set is interesting. The lunch set is a reasonable deal at 59 hkd.

All vegan would be better

Updated from previous review on 2016-05-28

Pros: Vegan friendly, Enjoyable food

Cons: All vegan would be better

First Time was a Wow; Second Time was a Bore! - Edit

I ate here for the first time half a year ago and really enjoyed it. I liked the quality, the lightness, and the creativity of the dishes.

However, I went back a few nights ago, and sadly the wow factor was non-existent the second time around.

The main reason was that most of the dishes and ingredients were repeated. The repetition underscored a weakness in their food that I had overlooked the first time around - most dishes tended to be bland, even with the home-made chili sauce provided this time.

I would not return again, unless they change the menu completely on a regular basis.

The price is $238 plus 10% service charge, as well as $10 per person for tea. (You can also also special teas or soup a la carte.) We only had a pot of hot water, so they did not charge us the $10 for regular tea.

Incidentally, their host or manager or owner has a cartoonish voice (in both Cantonese and English), and while that alone is not an issue, he tended to use it in a headmasterish tone to extol the expensive ingredients they use in their dishes. While I was not impressed by this type of self-promotion, others - who understand Cantonese - may find it amusing.
Updated from previous review on Wednesday September 17, 2014

Pros: light and creative

Cons: bland food, repetition (menu doesn't change much)

Art Veggies is a vegetarian delight in Sheung Wan - Edit

I picked my username based on the generous, funny and very amicable manager of the restaurant, Edmond. He has an effect on people which makes them open up and feel comfortable very quickly. This isn't a place where people turn up their noses or have any pretence, which just heightens the dining experience, which itself is mouthwatering and refreshing as a change to the usual tastes of Western vegetarian fare, especially in comparison with LA where everything comes with fake gratitude and shallow service. Edmond, you made this place come alive for us during our visit and remind us what genuine service and goodwill can contribute to a healthy meal. Will come back for the affordable, varied and satisfying food as much as for the good cheer and hospitality!
Updated from previous review on Thursday April 24, 2014

Updated from previous review on Thursday April 24, 2014

Pros: Wonderful Manager and lovely staff, Tasty Chinese vegetarian cuisine, Beautiful, clean decor

Excellent Food and Service - Edit

The restaurant is located at a run down building but the food is excellent. I don't think they use mock. I went with a friend who is not a vegetarian and she loved the food as well. They have limited choices for lunch but I was told by the owner that dinner they have fine dining and the food is better at dinner than at lunch and I already fell in love with the food at lunch. It's a must go. Unfortunately when we chanced upon the restaurant we were leaving Hong Kong that evening so could not have dinner there. Restaurant is very clean, the decor is simple but very elegant. Restaurant was very busy as we were there for Saturday lunch but it was well worth the wait. It's a new restaurant so spread the word about the place.

Pros: Excellent Food, Friendly Owner and Staff, Very clean

Cons: Only the owner speaks English

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggies Sky closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.