Veggie Village

Contact 602-944-1088

1255 E Northern Ave Ste 5, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, 85020

Asian vegetarian and vegan fast food, est. 2016. Mostly vegan except for a veggie burger and the cream cheese wonton appetizer. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-8:30pm, Fri 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 1:00pm-8:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Take-out, Asian, Fusion

First Review by Speedteq

Love Veggie Village! - Edit

My family of 5 has eaten here about 5 times (or more) over the past 2 months. The food is delicious! Our faves are the Pot Stickers, Cream Cheese Wantons (tell them you want it made vegan), Spring Rolls, Orange Chicken and Spiced Salt Fish. Lovely little restaurant with a great ambiance, the service is friendly and great, and prices are reasonable.

Pros: Great food, service, prices and location!

Excellent Asian Fusion - Edit

Excellent, newer vegetarian/vegan restaurant! Well-balanced spices/herbs and (amount of) salt. Diverse menu; interesting "meat" substitutes. Somewhat generous portions. Great presentation and service! Modest venue, but pleasant atmosphere and comfort. I highly recommend!

Pros: Menu, Flavor and use of seasoning, Service

Cons: Location (distance from my home), (Some dishes) - amount of oil used

Excellent! - Edit

Definitely one of my new favorites. I start drooling every time I pass the exit! Just like most of the previous reviews, the Spiced Salt V-Fish is my favorite! The flavors and textures are incredible. Be sure to specify if you're vegan, but I believe most dishes can be made vegan upon request. Just go!

Pros: Amazing and creative food, Nice decor, Quick and easy

Cons: Not enough veggies included in some of the dishes

SALTED SPICE FISH! - Edit

We arrived at exactly 11am on a Friday and they were open and ready to serve. The place is small (not too small), charming, and very warm (the aura, not the room temperature). I'm a booth girl (love me a booth) and I totally love their cute little booth spaces. We ordered at the counter and the employee brought our drinks and meals to the table.

I ordered the Spiced Salt Fish and the Tom Yam Fish (minus cucumbers). Both dishes came with your choice of white or brown rice.

The Tom Yam dish was very tasty. It's a saucy dish, with a nice little spicy kick to it.

That SPICED SALT FISH though! My, my, my, mymymymy... I'm one of those people who typically add salt, pepper, sauces, etc to my dishes to give them more flavor. Not this dish. It was absolutely flawless just the way it came. (I almost asked my dish if it woke up like this!) The vegan fish was so perfectly fried in a light, yet very crispy batter, and seasoned beyond perfection. The jalapeños and garnishes were equally savory, creating an essential winning combination. I was blown away by the excellence. (Keep in mind, I LOVE salty foods. If you have high-blood pressure or any issues with salt, this is not the dish for you.) It's a dry dish, so I didn't really need the accompanying rice, but I ate it simply to prolong the joyful experience.

The employees were very nice and attentive. My water cup remained full and she brought us to go boxes when she saw us, in all of our gluttony, getting lethargic. The employees that day got an extra gold star for patience. There was a patron sitting behind us who was very...challenging. He refused to order at the counter like everyone else and his God-like complex was truly baffling (and annoying). So KUDOS to them for remaining professional, calm, and genuinely nice throughout his charade.

Excellent food. Good portions for a fair price. I am slightly concerned that their location won't yield the business that it deserves, but hopefully, word of mouth will not only keep them afloat, but allow them to expand. Be sure to specify if you are vegan as they are not 100% vegan (however, non-vegan items are 100% vegetarian).

Pros: excellent spices and flavor, fair prices and portions, excellent service

New favorite! - Edit

I ate here twice this week 🙊 They have vegan cream cheese for the wontons. Which are amazing! Lettuce wraps & Kung pao v chicken are soooooooo good! When i asked, they said that the only thing not vegan on the menu was the veggie burger patty.

Pros: clean, friendly staff, tasty food

The Tom Yam vFish is Delicious! - Edit

The food was great and staff, friendly.

They now have vegan cream cheese for the Cream Cheese Wonton appetizer (*very good!! BTW), but the "shrimp" is vegetarian and they have two kinds of "fish" for their vFish dishes, vegetarian and vegan.

Be sure to specify Vegan when ordering. and they'll use the vegan "fish" and omit the "shrimp"

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, North Phoenix location (12th st & Northern)

Cons: Confusing vegan/vegetarian items. Just be clear!

One of my new favorites ! - Edit

I was out running errands and it was after lunch and away from my neighborhood area and consulted Happy Cow to see if there was anything I may not considered and up popped Veggie Village and I had never heard of and only minutes away . To my surprise a NEW place (3) weeks operational and I what a terrific selection of food . I ordered a lettuce wrap off their appetizer section and it just became a new favorite !! I eat them often at PF Changs and these just blew them away .. Next I ordered a lovely steamed mixed veggie dish and wow what flavor !! Their mushrooms are some of if not the best ever .. Really comfortable place and I can't wait to take others there and try more off the menu !!

Pros: music , customer service

Return to Phoenix Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Veggie Village closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.