First Review by erinmack

Cheap buffet - Edit

Fun place to visit once!
All you can eat buffet with deep fried fast food. Everything is quite greasy. The fake meat tastes just like meat in standard fried Asian dishes. Nice staff, cheap. But I wouldn't go there again.

Pros: Cheap, Nice staff

Cons: Greasy, unhealthy food , No variety, everything tastes the same

It all tastes the same - Edit

I understand why people like this classic Malmö place, it is the opposite to the healty vegan lifestyle. It has an all you can eat vegan menu. Yeah, the concept is great. But you know what, it all tastes the same... and that taste is boring. But hey, give it a try if you like fried fake meat.

Great food - Edit

If you like traditional (Western)-Chinese food, then this place is perfect. I love their food!

You can get freshly fried vegetables as well as deep fried things and rice and noodles.

Pros: fresh vegetables, fruit and ice cream, delicious

Great meat alternatives - Edit

The fake meat dishes are definitely their strong horse. I would recommend Vegegarden to everybody who craves some asian food and misses meat products because they offer a broad variety of false animal products - from lamb stirr-fry to deep fried shrimps and chicken.
In my opinion they are lacking some good veggie only dishes, but the overall quality of the food here is very satisfying. The buffet is a very good deal, me and my accompany were not able to take the coffee and the ice cream that are included in the price at the end of our feast because we were so full :)

Pros: offers asian BBQ at weekends, classical chinese restaurant furniture, friendly staff

Cons: needs more veggie dishes , fake meats are mostly deep fried

Best meat alternatives! - Edit

The best alternatives to meat I had in my life. For the second time. I've been here a year ago and here I am again - enjoying the juicy pieces of "meat", spring rolls, chicken curry and various salads. Not only it's at a very convenient place, but also fair price on weekdays (around 9€ for all you can eat). Definitely my most favorite vegan place!

Pros: wide selection , very affordable , great environment

They're vegan buffé is amazing - Edit

I haven't eaten a chinese buffé since i became vegan, and this place has everything! A lot of fried things, vegan schrimps, duck, crab, squid and amazing sauses. I'm so happy this place exists. The place itself is quite typical for chinese food and very clean.

So delicious and everything is vegan! - Edit

The food is really good! I tried the chinese buffet... and it was so relaxing to be able to eat absolutely everything without having to check... because it's all VEGAN :)

Updated from previous review on 2016-08-06

Pros: All you can eat, Everythin is vegan, Delicious chinese food

Cons: That Vegegarden is not in each and every city

Super value on Chinese vegan lunch buffet! - Edit

Lunch buffet is always great value and very fresh and tasty. There are many dishes to choose from: soy meat, tofu and salads. Friendly and helpful staff.

There are some pictures of "Supreme Master" on the walls, and indeed the food reminds me a lot of the food on the "Loving Huts" of Taiwan.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-18

Pros: Great value for money, Super tasty food, Friendly staff

Cons: A little bit noisy, just one big room., Menu doesn't change often (but many choices)

Perfect vegan Chinese restaurant! - Edit

This Chinese restaurant reminded me of when I used to eat meat and it was scary how similar it was but vegan!
Delicious faux fried meat and in different sauces.
I really recommend this restaurant!

Vegan Paradise - Edit

I have been here after a long day and I was very hungry. I had the barbecue buffet and a tea which costed me 150 SEK including a soup and an ice-cream. I asked if everything was vegan or only some dishes but luckily everything was vegan. I am not sure if that is standard or if I just had luck on that day. Everything was very tasty and the opportunity to create your own dish is really great as well. For Lunch that is not possible but than the buffet is cheaper.
Also the waitress was very friendly and asked me if I wanted more tea water, which was also free.
Overall I had a fantastic evening and I absolutely recommend going there if you are in Malmo!

Pros: Price, Variation of dishes, Friendly

Cons: Nothing

Wonderful, great, good - Edit

Love that this place exists. Like one of the great Chinese restaurants I remember from my youth but all vegan! Unfortunately the excitement somehow deminishes the more you go there but that might just be me.

Pros: Food, Price, Deep fried banana!

Great food - Edit

Me and my girlfriend tried this restaurant out and we both loved it! We had never eaten vegan asian buffet before so for us it was a great food experience.

Pros: Friendly staff, Calm place, Great food

Cons: The toilets, -, -

The vegan gem of Malmö - Edit

For the money you pay, you receive more than you can eat and all tastes fantastic. Been here with family and friends, both veggies and non-veggies and it is always a safe card. If you are not searching the spectacular ambient or newest coolest ditch but good food to a fair price, this is the place. My Malmö favorite!

Pros: Excellent food, Good value

Return to Malmo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegegarden closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.