Vegebowl

• Vegetarian
Contact 0142464589

3 rue de la Boule Rouge, Paris, France, 75009

Asian vegetarian cuisine with dishes from Thailand, China, Malaysia. Chef is experienced in vegetarian cooking. All dishes can be made vegan and GMO-free upon request. Uses no eggs. Located in the 9th arrondissement, near metro Grands Boulevards (line 8, 9) and metro Cadet (7). Open Mon-Fri lunch and dinner, Sat-Sun dinner.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese

First Review by lark

Nice but not overwhelming - Edit

First of all I I need to say that I had a good meal at Vegebowl. Although in saying that I can't help but noticing the similarities between it and Tien Hiang and I have to say the meal that I got didn't compare to anything at I've ever eaten at Tien Hiang. Added to this the restaurant was fully seated so I did struggle to hear the conversation at my table. Overall it was nice but for the food, atmosphere and service I'd have to pick Tien Hiang.

Pros: Vegan Friendly , Reasonably priced

Cons: Noisy, Small Portions

delicious vegetarian food!!! - Edit

Most of the food here is vegan. I ordered the lunch special. I was very pleasantly surprised. The food was delicious! For me the portion was a bit small. I was still hungry after the lunch set. Would definitely visit again!!!

Great little asian mock meat restaurant - Edit

If you are looking for good Asian vegan mock meat meals this is the place to go. Similar to Tien Hang. Large menu, with almost all vegan. Menu has photos of most of the meals so you can see what you are getting. Staff are friendly and some speak English. Very tasty. Meals were slightly on the smaller side but gives you the opportunity to try more items on the menu. For wine drinkers you may be a little disappointed as there is only a house wine on offer, which was not to our liking. Overall however a little oasis of vegan mock meat heaven at good prices.

Pros: Large menu, good value, excellent food

Cons: no wine list, small portions

Delicious food. Would definitely visit again - Edit

Might be the best asian food I have ever tasted. At first I only ordered the menu for 12 Euros which includes a soup, a main dish (comprised of a side and main dish) and a dessert. But since the portions were quite small I ended up ordering some more. Would love to visit this place again some time.

Pros: Absolutely delicious food, Quick and friendly service , Great amount of vegan options

Cons: Portions are a bit small, Only a small one-room restaurant with one toilet d

Very good - Edit

While the service was a bit slow the food was delicious. I chose a menu since there are a lot of options. Non vegan recipes are clearly marked.

Pros: 90% vegan

Cons: Service a bit slow but not much of an issue

Nice - Edit

We had late lunch twice. Closed from 3pm - 7pm. Waitress does not speak English. Very tasty food though no idea which dishes are not vegan.

Pros: Tasty food!, Friendly

Cons: Closed afternoon, No English, Small portions

Very tasty vegan food - très bon! - Edit

Massive (mostly) vegan menu. I struggled to choose, which is a nice problem to have! Very fresh and tasty - I will return. Nice Organic beer, too!

Pros: Fresh, Tasty, VEGAN!

this is gonna become one of my favorite places - Edit

A very nice surprise. I got a bit too excited and ordered for 4... Everything was absolutely delicious. Even if I'm not a big fan of imitating meat, this was great because I got to order some dishes I haven't had since I went vegan. I highly recommend this place. No animal flesh is used so its 100% vegetarian and no eggs are used. It's Almost 100% vegan and gluten-free. Only a few dishes that contain either dairy or gluten but it's written on the menu. All "chicken, "beef", "duck" and "fish" are soy based. And the service was really quick.

Cuisine saine et variée :) - Edit

Beaucoup de plats proposés, la cuisine sans être exceptionnelle est très bonne et bien cuisinée, peut-être un peu trop de simili carnés, mais vu le choix proposé tout le monde y trouvera son bonheur :)
Ambiance chaleureuse, attention ce n'est pas grand, donc pensez à réserver ;)
Et pour la facture, les prix sont raisonnables, pas de souci :)
Updated from previous review on Saturday October 11, 2014

Pros: Beaucoup de plats proposés, Resto propre et ambiance resposante, Cuisine saine et peu chère

Cons: La majorité des plats sont simili carnés

Fast,cheap,good - Edit

Nothing really impressive , but menu selections are impressive. For paris it's cheap, and quality of food is OK. But that's it, nothing special to me, thai cuisine can be more tasty.

Pros: Cheap, Choices

Cons: quality of food

Great People Great Food - Edit

Very warm and helpful although they didn't understand English. I wanted food without root vegetables and they managed well.
Not too expensive.
Place is small but well located

Pros: Food, Location, Price

Cons: Small Place

Among my favorites in Paris! - Edit

Vegebowl offers an excellent mock-meat asiatic food with a huge menu, almost 100% vegan. It is one of my favorite places in Paris: the place is pleasant and has a quiet and nice atmosphere. I've been several times and tried many dishes (but not all so I have to come back!). Every of them was excellent! Portions are satisfying and prices are low for the quality and quantity of food. You can have a whole menu for 12 euros. Among my favorite dishes, are the thai soup with cocomilk, the vegebowl marmite and the caramelised fruit fritters as a dessert.

The staff is really friendly, helpful and very accomodating. You can book a big table if you are a group and stay as long as you want. Don't miss this place!

Pros: excellent food including desserts, almost 100% vegan, inexpensive, great staff, pleasant place

Impressive - Edit

In a city where it is difficult to find even one vegetarian dish on a menu of a regular Chinese restaurant, and given this place was so busy, it's a wonder why there aren't more if these places here.

I tried the assortment starter which have me a small selection of a few items on the starter menu. The small "steak" was the best part of this. The dumplings weren't so tasty. For main I had the spicy "chicken" which came on a hot sizzling plate with sticky rice. This was delicious and I would definitely order again.

The service was very good and for me the experience was so much better than this restaurants competitor Tien Huang. It has more of a restaurant feel to it and you don't feel pressured to finish and leave. Also the menu and price is similar.

This place is small so make sure you book in advance as it was full throughout my time there(from 8pm on a Tuesday)

Pros: Good selection of mock meats, Great Service

Cons: Some more "Prawn" Starters Needed, Small, Need to book in advance

I was craving vegan chinese food! - Edit

Great place for Chinese/Asian food! Very vegan friendly... they label everything. Service is fabulous. The portions were a bit small and it's too bad they didn't have an amazing vegan dessert option. They should have vegan ice cream with their deep fried bananas. :D

Pros: great service, clearly labelled vegan

Cons: small portions

A quick and decent dinner - Edit

The restaurant serves a decent meal, but it's not very special. For about 12 euro you have a starter and a main course. The menu gives you a lot to choose from. Probably the quality of the food would be better if they focus on a limited number of dishes.

A nice surprise! - Edit

Coming from Norway we are not that spoiled with vegan resturants. This place had a friendly staff, a big menu and alomst everything were vegan. The dishes containn milk or gluten were clearly labeled. Small, but nice restaurant with reasonable prices. We were very satisified with the dishes we had. We will definitely come back next time we are visting Paris!

Pros: Nice price, A big menu and good food, Friendly staff

Asian veggie comfort food! - Edit

They were very kind, saw my missed call (I was there 45 minutes too early; hungry) and called me back just as I was considering going home to cook (when not at all in the mood to do so...). Very warm welcoming by friendly staff and kindred spirits. I did take-out and had the house soup, it was sweet and comforting, with veggies, tofu and cilantro. I love cilantro! I had the mix of warm fried stuff starter, and the Peking seitan 'duck'. It was good. I don't usually eat mock meat or much cooked food, but some days that hits the spot. This hit the spot! This place is perfect when you want some Asian comfort food. I sometimes miss my lovely Thai spot on Sunset Boulevard, TOI Rockin' Thai Food, where I used to eat late or do take-out during my pescatarian student days (pineapple shrimp curry & sauteed spinach were my favorites). When I feel nostalgic, I will come here instead ;) Gluten and dairy are clearly indicated on the menu. Where dairy is not indicated (with a stop sign red dot, I like that!) the dish is vegan.

Pros: Large menu selection, Central location, Kindred spirits

Great place - Edit

Amazing to have such a huge menu to choose from.
Look forward to going back to work my way through!
Lots of fake meats, so I could try dishes that are usually not possible e.g. mince pork dumplings, chicken curry.

Pros: Choice, Breezy atmosphere, Friendly staff

Not impressed - Edit

After reading all those 5 stars in here I was really expecting something fantastic.

This is an alright place if you are in the area but I wouldnt cross Paris for it.

Basic food is served. None of the products are organics except a beer on their menu.

Their menu doesnt tell you what you are getting. All I could read was "fish", "chicken", "pork", "prawns" etc...

It made it hard for me to know what to chose and what I was getting for it.

IMO if they wanna work with vegan/vegetarian customers, they should use the vocabulary accordingly.

The dishes were alright. But I didnt like the dessert, I ordered caramelized banana, the banana was tasteless cold and wet. I couldnt eat it.

The other desserts didnt look that appealing to me, I had choices between a can of litchis, some Chinese nougats that I can find everywhere (doubt it is home made) and some non vegan ice cream...

I've been to many vegan/vegetarians places over Europe and this place is not worth 5 stars in comparison.

Pros: price

Cons: Menu card hard to understand

Absolutely stunning :) - Edit

Amazing asian food. Glutenfree and 100% vegan available (it is said on the menu)
We had a spring roll
"chicken" caramel
vegetable ragout
vermicelles with vegetables
beignets de champignons
raviolis vapeur
Everything was delicious and the price was really fairefor something in Paris
Their "meats" and "seafoods" are really well textured :)
To be recommanded!!!

Pros: delicious food, veg, vegan, glutenfree, faire prices, friendly staff

Really good - Edit

I loved this place. Vegan and tasty as it can be. The menu is huge and makes you wann try everything in it.

I had some spring rolls that were very tasty and a curry dish that was awesome. My girlfriend ordered the vegebowl and it was really good too. I also ordered a coconut juice that looked kind of weird, but was very nice and fresh.
For desert we ordered some caramelized bananas that were not very sweet, what worked very well for me. Would definately come back.

Best value veggie food in Paris! - Edit

My partner and I made the trek from Montparnasse to check out this restaurant while on holiday. It was well worth the journey! I've been to Paris before and found it exhausting and expensive finding anything I could eat, and was usually rewarded with rather uncreative and bland tasting food. However, Vegebowl was delicious and creative, with a rather extensive menu and great staff. And for Paris, the prices can't be beat.

I ordered the papaya salad and 'Riz de Thailandaise' (Thai Rice with tomato, pineapple, soy chicken, and veggies). The salad was not as spicy as I usually like it but was full of flavor and beautifully presented. The Thai rice was also delicious with the right amount of sweet and salty. My partner ordered the 3 course lunch menu for 12 euro and got the rems, sweet and sour soy pork with rice, and for dessert a fried banana. I'd never heard of rems before but they were delicious spring rolls with a crispy bubbly outside and were filled with soy meat and veg. My partner really loved his sweet and sour pork and we shared the fried banana.

The menu is very large with tons of options. Everything is clearly marked as either vegetarian or vegan, and also as gluten-free. The staff were lovely - we arrived a bit early and the place was empty and the chef was out having a smoke. He let us in and took our order, trying out his few English words while we tried a few French ones. A short while later the waitress arrived and brought out our food and her English was great. We were also really happy to see the place filled up before we left to catch our flight.

Overall, best experience in Paris!

Pros: Extensive and delicious menu, Clearly marked vegan and gluten-free, Lovely staff

Cons: None!

Very friendly staff, delicious food and atmosphere - Edit

Very very good vegetarian restaurant in Paris. Highly recommend. Staff was friendly and helpful, food delicious, good lunch and diner menu, reasonable price, convenient place (close to city center)although not very easy to find without smart phone ;) (Tip for those who travel with map: next to Rue Richer and Rue FG Montmartre)

90% Vegan and many gluten free dishes - Edit

I have been here 7 times. I love this restaurant. It's clean, friendly, delicious and inexpensive. I love the tofu frit and the steamed rice rapped by lotus leaves. They open everyday (close Sunday and Saturday lunch but open in the evening).

Wonderful lunch - Edit

Spotlessly clean, even the bathroom. Nice personable wait staff. Large menu. I ordered the Potage Tom Yam (soup) 4 euros, the Canard "Duck" Laque a la sauce brune 6.5 euros adn the Riz Gluant (sticky rice) 3 euros. All were very tasty. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

Pros: excellent food, good value, spotlessly clean, even the bathroom

Return to Paris Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegebowl closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 8594 times since Nov 2012.