First Review by RaulP

No es vegetariano! Desajustada calidad/precio - Edit

No es un restaurante vegetariano pues en la carta ofrecen varios platos con pollo de corral.
Los platos son muy sencillos y mal concluidos (por ejemplo, un segundo plato consistente en un salteado de verduras y tofu sin nada más, sin cereales -pasta, arroz, cus-cus, quinoa- o algo que acompañar), aunque abundan en cantidad, eso sí.
En cuanto el trato con el cliente poco hospitalario y seco.

Pros: cantidad

Cons: calidad, precio, no es vegetariano

good, good and....gooood - Edit

Nice place and atmosphere. Really kind and fast service. Generous portions, excellent quality food. The menu for dinner changes daily, but I bet every time you won't leave disappointed. The taste is very delicate, even when you're eating something done with the inevitable pimiento! we ordered croquetas made of spinach and carrots and I first regretted having ordered something fired but I was wrong: the were so light I had no problem finishing them all. If on the menu the day you go, order the escalopinas de seitan!

Nice food - Edit

I'm long time without going there, as I don't live in Madrid anymore, but was my first approach to vegetarian food and was very nice. I loved the pumpkin burritos. I remember the had something like 2 chicken dishes at the end of the manu (I imagine that for meat eaters that can go with vegetarians). For me this is not bad, as I live in a meat eater family, and they feel better when they see they can ask for meat (although many times they ask for vegetarian food). Nice location (in Chueca, gay neighborhood)

Pros: Food, Price, Location

Cons: Long time without visiting it

so called vegetarian - Edit

serve 'happy' free range chicken indeed -although calling themselves vegetarian restaurant.
I just don't understand how they DARED to name their place VEGAVIANA while offering non veg dishes -I heard a waitress explaining to the next table that there were a vegetarian restaurant, "but not an extremist one", or something like that.
They don't even know what 'vegan' means (I was suggested eggs and honey), and honestly I'd not swear the dish I had (wich was cold, by the way) was actually vegan, I just couldn't trust them.
Above all, their were pretty rude. Those people just don't smile?

Pros: not too expensive

Cons: rude people, vegan unfriendly, should NOT pretend to be a veg restaurnt

Delicious - Edit

This restaurant is predominantly vegetarian and has some meat dishes (90% of their dishes are vegetarian).

Delicious food. They have a variety of soups and salads for starters, squizzed fruit juice and their main dishes are vegetarian versions of world cuisine (I had a tofu and vegetables stir fry; my partner had a mushrooom and seitan dish with vegetarian paella). Some of the portions can be a bit small though, so you'd better order a starter too. Limited number of desserts.
Very popular with locals, excellent location, seems to be always busy. Friendly staff.

Pros: delicious food

Good good - Edit

4 of us had lunch there on Feb 6th, 2010. We tried both the menu of the day as well as items off the regular menu. All were good. The ambience in the restaurnt is nice, with none of that "holier than you" attitude. Prices are reasonable for Madrid. I would have gone back, had I been in the neighborhood.

Pros: Tasty food, Good location

Return to Madrid Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegaviana closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2468 times since Aug 2007.