First Review by veggieriga

Great spot - Edit

I had lunch at Vegan Time time this week and absolutely recommend it. They had two different lunch specials, one raw and one cooked, as well as a la carte. I had the raw lunch special, with a soup, a main and a dessert for I think 21 lei (=5 EUR).
The soup was a (cold) raw tomato soup, not something that I had had before, and I was positively surprised by it. It had some leaves of raw kale , and tasted simply very fruity. The main was a wrap (I believe they called it a nacho) that basically had salad inside, and was a bit of a letdown - I have had raw wraps that had far more character. Dessert was a roasted apple. I'd be very surprised if it was raw, but they also offered raw cakes, so if anyone insists on raw desserts, I'm sure the cakes will be great. I also had an almond date shake, good but not remarkable. The place was fairly busy, with a lot of people getting takeout or delivery (by bike). Nice atmosphere, friendly staff who are also able to explain their menu in English.

Pros: Good food, Friendly staff, Good location

Finally a Vegan restaurant that gets it. - Edit

This place is a dream come true. It will exceed your expectations. Especially if you are a vegan. With out a doubt the best vegan restaurant I've ever been to.

Updated from previous review on Monday October 27, 2014
----------
Dear employee's, Items that contain Milk and Cheese should be mentioned at the time of ordering.

Pros: Quality, portions, taste, simplicity., You can get protein!, Awesome deserts!

Cons: Says "Vegan" but still some cheese.

Glad there's a vegetarian restaurant in Arad - Edit

I had lentil soup, a berry lemonade, raw spaghetti and a raw dessert. The lentil soup was tasty. I didn't like the sauce that came with the raw spaghetti, but the raw zucchini spaghetti was good. The waiter also mentioned when I ordered it that it was raw spaghetti which was nice just in case I had expected cooked spaghetti. The raw dessert was good and the berry lemonade was very good.

However, shortly after leaving the restaurant, I felt sick. I am not sure if it was because there was the kind of dairy that I cannot eat without becoming sick such as certain cheeses or fresh cream, etc or some other problem. Afterward when looking at my photos, the sauce seemed not so red as though there was dairy in it, but I cannot say for certain. I didn't ask when ordering because of the name Vegan Times; I just assumed there wouldn't be dairy. And I can't say for certain that was the problem either; it could have been a problem with the vegetables. Since I don't know what the problem was, I am giving them four happy cows, because if the problem was dairy then it's my fault I got sick because I didn't ask.

Nevertheless, if ever in Arad again, I would try them again, but I would make sure to ask if there were dairy in their food, and also I would just order cooked food and not raw just to be safe.

They have lunch specials for 21 lei and between 4PM and 10PM, everything is 20% off except for the lunch special.

There's no English menu but the waiter spoke English and offered to help me with the menu. Also they had wifi so I could also look up words on the internet.

Return to Arad Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan Time closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.