Vegan and Raw

Contact +91-9161787816

2/225-D-1 Bhadaini (at Tulsi Ghat), Varanasi, India, 221005

Garden restaurant offering vegan and raw food. Has juices, salads, appetizers, mains, and dessert. Hosts live music. Closed May and June months. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-10:00pm. From 8am to 12pm they have a small buffet breakfast.

Category: Vegan, Raw, Western

First Review by ariamae

Great chance to get food in Varanasi - Edit

You really can´t see too many restaurants when you walk around in Varanasi. That is why I recommend getting your accommodation nearby Vegan and Raw to get food. My hotel did have a roof top restaurant, but I don´t really want to eat in the same place all the time.

Vegan and Raw had a very special menu compared to usual restaurants in India, so it is a gem. The Indian food on their menu seem to be less oily than the usual Indian food, and that is a great thing because you really get bored of the huge amount of oil they use in India. I had the Indian thali there and I liked it, but it really wasn´t a thali with many different small dishes, just some fried vegetables, dhal and chutney with rice. But you don´t usually get that kind of vegetable in Indian restaurants, where veggies are usually soaked in oil.

I also had tofu-filled raviolis in mushroom sauce, bruschettas and hummus with chapati. I didn´t dare to have the salads because anyway this is India. Then I had ginger lemon tea and espresso with soymilk.

It´s not located on those narrow lanes of old town, instead it´s the bigger road west from the lanes. I don´t know why it says "Bhadaini" in the address, in Google maps the street is named Godaulyia Lanka Rd.

Pros: Great menu, Indian food is less oily than usual, Nice, clean and quiet

really nice - Edit

Was so pleased to find a vegan restaurant here. Food was really good. We had the roasted vegetables and bread which was just what I was craving after a month in India. The hummus and chabatis bread was great too.

Support him!! - Edit

I'm traveling in India and haven't had many chances for vegan meals or fresh veggies, so Vegan and Raw in Varanasi was such a nice find! My friends and I got the pesto pasta, zucchini noodles, tahini salad, and tofu tortellini, all were yummy. The bruschetta appetizer was delicious too. Wait time was a little long but I think there were only a couple employees, and it was worth the wait and I was happy to give him our business.

Pros: fresh food , kind service , affordable

Nourishing and made with love! - Edit

We enjoyed a full course dinner here, and loved everything. It was clear they take a lot of pride in their food. The tofu filled ravioli was divine!! As were the juices and pesto sauce. Everything is vegan and some things are marked as raw, too. Loved it!

Pros: Outside courtyard and plants, Bakery with grocery items, Super service for India

Cons: A little tricky to find, but it's on a major stree

Return to Varanasi Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Vegan and Raw closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.