Urban Zen

Contact 01792-514439

2 Little Gam St, Swansea, Wales, SA13HY

A 100% vegan whole food cafe located inside a yoga studio. The plant based menu is seasonal. Sources locally and organic when possible. Open on Friday night once a month for themed evenings - see social media for details. Open Mon 11:00am-4:00pm, Tue 11:00am-5:00pm, Wed-Fri 11:00am-4:00pm, Sat 10:00am-4:00pm, Sun 10:00am-2:30pm.

Category: Vegan, International, Raw, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by katejones-garnwen

Lovely - Edit

Lovely little place and completely vegan!! The atmosphere in it is very relaxed, the staff is nice and the food very genuine. I would recommend :)

Pros: Nice food, Completely vegan, Relaxed atmosphere

Cons: The menu could be expanded a bit

Urban Zen - Edit

Great little place, very close to Swansea city centre. I popped in here for breakfast and enjoyed the food so much I ended up taking a lunch away with me too. I had a smoothie bowl, which was full of flavour and colour, for breakfast. So pleased to find this cafe here, there are not many good and nutritious vegan options in this area I found. I'd have no hesitation returning next time I'm in the area :)

Pros: All vegan, Healthy and nutritious food, Central location

Cons: Parking difficult on street

best vegan food in wales - Edit

the food in this cafe is so good, since my first time I've found myself going back every weekend. great atmosphere, absolutely delicious food and all round a great experience.

Pros: 100% vegan, almost all home and hand made, no suga

Cons: smoothies and shakes are a little small and expens

Vegan oasis in the Swansea desert - Edit

So nice to have somewhere actually appealing to go for brunch or lunch in the city centre now! I've been to Urban Zen about a dozen times since it opened in October 2015 and overall my experiences have been very good. There's a nice atmosphere inside and whether it's on the menu or specials board there's always something tempting on offer. They are quite community orientated and host events such as cookery workshops, burger & milkshake evenings and live music, and of course there's the yoga studio upstairs. My only qualms are that it can sometimes be a little pricey (I paid £4 for a smoothie the other day, a sublime smoothie mind you but perhaps that's the price you pay for quality) and... two times I went there I had one or two ants running about on my table... so I hope that gets sorted out in an ant-friendly way soon!

Pros: 100% vegan, no compromises unlike other "vegan" pl, Fresh, healthy menu, Good ethos and community vibe

Cons: Sometimes weak tea and coffee, Ants?, Would love extended opening hours

looked promising - Edit

it is a nice little space to sit in and good you can take babies in too but I was quite disappointed that food had stopped being served before 3pm, there was still 15 mins to go but wasn't allowed to order. was disappointed as travelled a long way and the menu board looked so appealing too. perhaps next time . . on the plus side the peanut butter chocolate cake slice I had was very nice.

Pros: vegan, delicious cakes, peaceful

Cons: food orders not taken after a time not specified

A first for Swansea - Edit

At last, a vegan eatery in Swansea! Lovely lunches and snacks - I've been twice so far, tried a couple of the Buddha bowls (salads) while my partner enjoyed a curry with quinoa. My Buddha bowls were both delicious. The "Monty Burger" seems to be the popular dish - haven't tried it yet but it looks awesome, a very generous serving too! The place is welcoming, very clean, with friendly staff and a real informal atmosphere. Well-placed not far from the city centre and only 5 minutes walk from the bus station.

Pros: It's vegan, Welcoming and informal, Everything freshly made

Cons: A bit off the beaten track, Small, so might get overcrowded, Not open in the evenings

Return to Swansea Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Urban Zen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1306 times since Oct 2015.