First Review by tater_tot

Why Even Pretend You Have Vegan Options - Edit

I get it, you're in Asheville and you want to seem vegan. You're not, your servers have no idea whether or not something contains dairy or eggs and lie to customers in regards to this. Please offer something more than a fruit bowl, you have so much potential and the cutest location in the world. I have been to other locations and have experienced the same situation.

Cons: Chain, No Vegan Options, Uninformed Staff

Not Vegan Friendly - Edit

Extremely limited choices, especially considering its popularity and Asheville location. Bean burger is NOT vegan. Boring veggie platter and tofu wings from app menu is it. Slow service. SO MANY BETTER VEGAN OPTIONS IN ASHEVILLE!

Surprisingly Good - Edit

I am vegan and gf is vegetarian. We both enjoyed it very much. Not as many options for vegans, but the black bean burger was great. It was handmade, not a frozen patty. Greens and black eyed peas were good too. She loved the biscuits that came out first. Good local beers too.
It was kinda dark where we sat, and loud but not a deal breaker.

Pros: Quality Food, Vegetarian options, Good local Beer

Cons: # of vegan options, Price, Atmosphere

Not for vegans - Edit

I was disappointed with Tupelo Honey. I had heard great things, and my omni friends loved it. I told the waitress I was vegan, and she said "Oh, we have a black bean burger." Like every other place in the world. There was nothing special about the burger. The buffalo tofu was the only saving grace for me, but they had no vegan dipping sauce. Asheville has too many other awesome placed to try before going here, as a vegan!

Pros: Nice location, Good buffalo tofu

Cons: Very limited vegan menu

cute spot - Edit

Went here for dinner and enjoyed it very much. The tofu wings appetizer was tasty, as were the biscuits (amazing blueberry jam!) and the mac and cheese. The sauteed greens were nice as well.

Pros: atmosphere, service, free biscuits!

GOOD MEAL - Edit

I had the veg plate: Fried parmesean corn, tofu and a side salad. The corn was really delicious. The tofu was perfectly prepared, and the side salad was very fresh. I like this place because you can go with a meat-eater and have lots of veg selections - everybody's happy.

On a different occasion, I had the sweet potato pancake (one of their specialities). Ooooh, it was SO good.

Good place. I like the one on Hendersonville Road, as opposed to the smaller one in downtown; it's much roomier and easier to get in.

Pros: Lots of veg selections, Nice decor - very clean, Not pricey at all

tupelo honey - Edit

So so glad you opened a second bigger store in S.Asheville. Menu is a very little different, but we can get in right away!! no waiting 1+ hour for a table in a cramped atmosphere! LOVE the veggie bowl, best pickled okra, goat cheese grits, greens, beans. Yum!! Both places have covered outdoor seating, downtown is more interesting, but I'd rather not wait.

Pros: South-no wait!Reservations, best in Asheville(veg bowl), south-parkinglot

Cons: downtown-long wait, downtown-no parking

tasty treats! - Edit

3 words: the vegetable plate.

Candied ginger cornbread with freshly whipped apple butter, fried green tomatoes with basil, and sweet potato fries... it's a winner!

Pros: delicious, creative cuisine, emphasis on local/organic ingredients, located in beautiful Asheville!

Cons: unpredictable hours at times

Return to Asheville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tupelo Honey Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2746 times since May 2008.