First Review by Mikemotorbike

Love Trader Joes! - Edit

Great store, great prices on my organic staples. Trader Joes brand products are of great quality and value.

Pros: Price, Quality , Selection

Cons: Can get busy, Not always fully stocked

My favorite grocery store - Edit

This Trader Joe's is full of great food and friendly staff. As expected, it is very busy on weekends so I recommend going in the early morning to avoid crowded aisles. Sometimes the stock is low since it's a popular store, but it's usually back in stock very quickly. Also, I always ask if an item is out of stock since it may be in the back and they haven't unloaded it yet. They have a great return policy if any items are bad or not to your taste. Overall, 5 stars--I cringe going anywhere else to buy groceries. I also appreciate that the foods are clearly labeled when vegan.

Pros: Good quality food choices, Good prices, Friendly staff

Cons: Very crowded on weekends

Your run of the mill Trader Joe's - Edit

I'm not really a fan of Trader Joe's. They're too small with a random selection of food. I went in to get saltine crackers and it turns out they don't have them. The clerk I asked, who was not healthy-looking at all, condemned me for wanting saltines and suggested I get the single-sleeve "artisen" crackers. I'm sorry, but did you get a dietetics degree before you started working here? No saltines. Made my sick girlfriend unhappy, who just wanted saltines with her soup.

So, rant aside, I've been here once and I didn't enjoy it. I'm not a fan of judgmental staff. I've been to a dozen Trader Joe's all over the country, never once found what I was looking for in less than 5 minutes, if at all. There's a Whole Foods down the street. It's fantastic.

Pros: good parking

Cons: hit or miss selection, no saltines

Return to Pittsburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 852 times since Aug 2007.