Trader Joe's

• Health Store Health Store
Contact 541 485-1744

85 Oakway Center (at Coburg), Eugene, Oregon, USA, 97401

Specialty food market chain with many healthy foods, prepared ready-to-eat items, beer/wine, cereals, breads, frozen foods, milk alternatives, grocery, and more. Open Mon-Sun 8:00am-9:00pm. Open daily.

First Review by kindlizard

Affordable healthy food - Edit

Despite the high end reputation this store has some of the cheapest health food in town! Reasonably priced organic produce, and they provide lists of items that fall under many diet categories to help you shop (Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free).

Pros: Friendly staff

Cons: Crowded

Who doesn't love trader joes? - Edit

Don't be scared off by people who say this place is expensive. I heard that so much that it kept me from going here for fear of another Capella or Sundance. It is the cheapest food in town, and you won't be scratching your head trying to choose between 8 different brands of ketchup. They have tons of unique items that no other grocery store sells, and I have never looked at a price here and thought to myself "that's too expensive" as I do in every other grocery store. Unsalted options and tons of vegan options, great hummus, great salsa, and the produce albeit limited depending on the time of year, is always a great price. Where else do you get 6 organic kiwi's for 1.99$ for instance? You'll maybe get 3 elsewhere if you're lucky. I just bought 18 ounces of Blueberries for 3.99$ today, where else will you find that? And not a sale price by the way...

It's really crowded in there usually, and they seem to get rid of a lot of the items I really like (Tomato Chutney that was amazing for instance). But this place is a 5 star spot all the way. It's between here or the south eugene Market of Choice for best grocery spot in town, everything else pales in comparison.

Pros: Unique Food, Price, Service

Cons: Always Crowded (can't blame 'em)

very typical trader joes - Edit

Went in for some juice when in the shopping center. It has all the same bells and whistles as the other TJ's in the country. Staff was nice.

I think these guys have too much meat in their stores, so I'm not a huge fan, although they have some of the same name brand OG products under their own brand (overflow?), so you can get deals sometimes. I wouldn't go out of my way, but I was in the center anyway and would stop there under the same situation again.

Return to Eugene Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Trader Joe's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 798 times since Aug 2007.