Lacto
Delivery
Take-out
Gluten-free
Non-veg

Serves meat, vegan options available. Indian restaurant offering a variety of vegetable based meals including okra, potato, lentil, and cauliflower dishes. Specify vegan when ordering. Open Mon-Sun 17:30-22:30.

Venue map for Torviscas Spice Village
© OpenStreetMap contributors

First Review by JonMerchant

Nattyy

Points +2162

27 Feb 2024

Great options for Vegans

We booked here as a family of 8, the service was not great to be honest, really friendly staff but they just seemed too busy. Drinks were not coming, we were not asked if we needed anything else, had to wait ages to get someones attention etc, just busy overall. Food was really tasty, not mad about the vegan lamb biryani. Lamb was not amazing and the dish was not really an authentic biryani was more of just a rice dish with some vegan lamb in.

The vegetable rogan josh and bhuna super tasty, and the aloo gobi was really tasty also, the soy pepper vegan meat was also really good, texture was nice and flavour.
Spicy popadom was disappointing, tasted like it had come out of a packet.

Would return, as many options and tasty, plus fully vegan menu within the menu which is great, so much easier.

Pros: Fully Vegan menu option

caw

Points +2539

25 Jan 2024

Delicious and really helpful staff

Ordered twice for take away, once over the phone and once by WhatsApp,
Food was delicious and reasonably priced.
They speak perfect English and their menu has a separate vegan section. They confirmed which options we'd ordered were vegan and they mark the contains vegan as standard. Really friendly.

LaurenElisaParker

Points +18

22 Jan 2024

A whole vegan menu

Absolutely amazing choices! Great prices too!

Elinevl

Points +811

21 Jan 2024

Amazing

Really good food!! I would definitely recommend the king prawn puri. It was amazing!! The other dishes were also really good. We loved it!!

Updated from previous review on 2024-01-21

mashter

Points +211

21 Dec 2023

Extensive impressive vegan menu

I came here 4 years ago with the person that encouraged me to go vegan I cannot believe how far they have come.. even from last year very vegan friendly now we both had lots to choose from tonight thoroughly enjoyed it worth the visit vegans won't be disappointed
Speak to the manager sam cool guy really helpful explaining the vegan menu to us both

Pros: Lots of vegan starters we loved it, Large selection of vegan breads , We both ate lots and enjoyed it all

Cons: No dislikes really, However can get really busy but thts a good sign

gillyb68

Points +30

11 Dec 2023

Separate vegan section in menu

So pleased Happy Cow exists and people take the time to review - this is tucked away and doesn't look much from the outside - I would have been totally oblivious if it wasn't for this app.
Lovely choice of starters, mains and breads on a vegan section at the back of the menu. Waiters were knowledgeable and we thoroughly enjoyed the food. I don't think my photo does it justice 🤣

Updated from previous review on 2023-12-11

cecepots

Points +24

15 Oct 2023

Excellent vegan menu

Excellent service, menu and great price.

Pros: Best curry, Best service, Value for money

KataMarjatta

Points +38

14 Oct 2023

Great place!

Very well vegan options, whole own vegan menu. Staff helped to choose meals and gave recommendations. Nice staff and good flavors. 😋 Vegan naan would be nice.

isthatJulia

Points +179

22 Sep 2023

nice staff, good food

Whole vegan section in the menu, many vegan options and they even asked if I was vegan when I ordered off the vegan menu and informed me that the naan wasn‘t vegan (I didn‘t look at all the different options of bread and said the first thing that came to mind haha) and recommended another bread. The food was good, especially the starter, but I should‘ve ordered a different main because I didn‘t really like the spice combination. But definitely worth it, would‘ve gone there a second time if I was here for longer!

Pros: separate vegan section in menu, nice staff, asking if I was vegan to make sure, good atmosphere

VegOnTheMove

Points +29

19 Sep 2023

5 star meal

Whole vegan section of menu, with various starters, rice and breads, also offering many different curry sauces and the option of soy protein or vegetables. The staff were excellent and the food was delicious so we will definitely be back!

Pros: Great food, Clearly labelled vegan, Lovely staff

lilyaiza

Points +46

11 Sep 2023

Muchas opciones

Dos páginas enteras con opciones veganas. Nos atendieron genial y aconsejaron opciones. Todo muy rico!

keavih

Points +216

05 Sep 2023

Spectacular meals

Where to begin - between us, over 2 meals, we had the pepper soy, soy chaat, onion bhaji, vegetable pakora, veg meat bhuna and veg meat rogan josh. The food was absolutely amazing and the options felt endless. Having an entirely separate vegan menu really does make the difference. All staff extremely polite, happy to adjust spice levels for your taste and very warm and welcoming. Only grievance is that when we tried to visit for the third time on our last night, they were unexpectedly closed although I believe this was an anomaly. Would have loved to try some more and leave an extra big tip because these guys do deserve it. Excellent meal, excellent service - absolutely worth travelling for/paying the taxi fare to get here if you're vegan!!

revokata

Points +333

13 Aug 2023

Amazing place

I’ve had a great dinner here! They have a whole big separate vegan menu, with starters, soups, different kinds of curry, etc. I’ve had the onion bhaji, roti and tikka masala curry with the “traditional soy”. The food was soo delicious! Staff was kind and helpful:)

Pros: Amazing food, Lots and lots of vegan options, Kind staff

Natashafrench

Points +32

13 Aug 2023

Amazing best curry ever

If you are in tenerife you need to come here. Friendliest staff and the best curry ever. My favourite us their traditional soya

Pros: Pepper soy, Staff, Value for money

Rediam

Points +47

28 Jul 2023

¡Gran descubrimiento! Comida india vegana muy recomendable.

Uno de los mejores indios en los que hemos estado. Tienen una página entera vegana del menú, con opciones de soja de varios tipos y langostinos veganos. El personal nos aconsejó qué pedir y tuvimos que volver para repetir porque nos encantó, para probar más opciones. ¡Riquísimo!

Pros: Personal muy amable que nos aconsejó muy bien

IamLisette

Points +1042

29 Jun 2023

Good indian food!

Many options available and very friendly staff. We ate a lot and everything was very spicy and tasteful. If you want to eat Indian food, you have to go! There is a special vegan menu.

Updated from previous review on 2023-06-29

MrsCompass

Points +120

09 Jun 2023

Wow!

Only discovered this place on our last night - we weren’t hungry after afternoon tapas but then the evening munchies kicked in and I had to then restrict myself from ordering everything off the menu 😅

They had a separate vegan menu (see photos) with your choice of ‘meat’ and spice level for every curry. Service very friendly and they explained all the different varieties to us.

We shared tikka masala, garlic rice, poppadoms, pepper soy, onion bhaji and veg samosas. Don’t judge me, I was hungry!! 😬

All so so so good! Full of flavour and spice and had we been staying longer we would definitely come back!!

tabsl

Points +20

03 May 2023

Amazing vegan/vegetarian food

Whole menu for vegans! Really amazing

Pros: Many vegan options!

veganutty

Points +97

26 Apr 2023

Tasty vegan food in Costa Adeje

So I went on my Happy Cow app, and found out this restaurant was only a 7 minute walk from our hotel. So glad to find it, because there were many dinner options available in our area of Tenerife. Most of the restaurants were found closed after lunch. Anyway, this place had two full pages of vegan options, and tons of veggie dishes, breads, and appetizers which can be made vegan. We went two nights in a row, and were quite pleased with the delicious spicing and friendly service.

Pros: Fair prices, Good size servings, Friendly service

Cons: The coconut rice, was orange & sweet., The terrible Bollywood videos.

Cianhappycow

Points +195

27 Feb 2023

Tasty vegan Indian food

Dedicated vegan menu. Basic veg selection in curries but we had chickpeas added without any fuss. Madras veg curry was very tasty and quite spicy. Saag Aloo was delish. Chapati good. Reasonably priced tasty food. Friendly and attentive staff. Prebooked via Fork on TripAdvisor.

Updated from previous review on 2023-02-27

Pros: Vegan menu

Cons: Need to up their veg quality game a bit

konlish

Points +5094

18 Feb 2023

Separate Vegan section

30 Jan 2023
There are limited vegan options in Costa Adeje and we were just excited when there was a sign outside with the hapycow logo on it. They have a separate section for vegan options which I liked. They have a good selection of mock meats.

They also have vegan cream and made us a yummy mock pinacalada and were happy to bring me more cream when I asked.

The food was nice and the staff were friendly.

Average cost per person for a good meal and drink if €25 each.

Pros: Vegan alternatives to meat and dairy, Separate Vegan section

Cons: Serves animals, eggs and dairy, Slightly pricy

BrendanMccabe

Points +47

09 Feb 2023

Great vegan and non vegan curry

Fantastic vegan options. Love the idea of the building your curry options. Select your meat substitute e.g. soy or veg the. The spice level followed by 10 curry options.

Pros: Full vegan menu , Delicious , Good service

PawełIzdebski

Points +18

Herbivore
20 Jan 2023

To miejsce zasługuje totalnie na 5 gwiazdek - mają specjalne, bogate v-menu 🙃

Były bardzo dobre. Serio, żadnych "opcji" tylko full-blown vegan menu ✨

Pros: Bogate wegańskie menu, Świetna obsługa i widok na ocean!, Doskonale jedzenie - Tikka Masala 👌

Cons: Daleko do Warszawy

Naypo

Points +16

15 Jan 2023

Just delicious

My husband and I are on holiday in the area for 10 nights and we’ve eaten here 3 times (not ruling out a 4th). The food is utterly delicious - each main dish has a choice of 3 different protein types or you can go just veg and a choice of heat levels. The menu has really been put together with care, you don’t just feel like it’s all the stuff of the main menu that happened to be vegan. There are loads of delicious things that aren’t on the main menu. Can’t recommend here highly enough.

Pros: Taste of the food, Range of dishes, Feels like they care about vegan customers

LensenVegan

Points +549

30 Nov 2022

Very Spicy, a lot of vegan meals

The staff is very friendly and helpful. They offer a huge number of labeled vegan dishes. They know what vegan means and you can be sure to get no hidden dairy.
Be careful with the spice. Almost the "medium " is veryy very Spicy.

CelinaMentu

Points +2404

27 Nov 2022

Lovely spicy Indian food

Very lovely food. Tastes really good. Friendly staff. Nice atmosphere🌸

Ps: if you choose medium, it’s still really spicy. So if you’re not into very spicy food, go for mild!

Pros: Fully vegan section on menu

asx2

Points +104

24 Nov 2022

Fantastic Choice and Service

Lots of vegan options, very informative and friendly service. Have visited a few times on our trip! A must try