Tony's Darts Away

Contact 818-253-1710

1710 W Magnolia Blvd (at N Reese Pl), Burbank, California, USA, 91506

Serves meat, vegan options available. Vegan-friendly beer bar in Burbank, established since 1978. Menu includes vegan sausages, vegan chili, salads, and fries. Vegan food is cooked separately. All local brewers craft beer to keep carbon footprint low, also bottle free. Open Mon 12:00am-1:00am, Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am, Tue-Sun 12:00am-2:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by alisong

Awesome bar - Edit

We love Tony's! They have great beer and vegan food. Every week they have different specials so you can try new things. Also, their breakfast is amazing. They have games and a pool table. They have a patio we sit at frequently, where you can bring dogs. We visit here about once a week.

Vegans and non-vegans sitting as equals - Edit

I met a friend here for a catch-up dinner. We're both vegan. It's a happy noisy neighborhood style bar with maybe a dozen seats at the bar and two dozen or so seats at very closely spaced tables for two, many of which were pushed together, so it's not a place for privacy. There are also a dozen or so seats on a front patio (it was raining when I was there). We were able to get seats together at the bar and tune out the din to talk.

The beer selection was fantastic, all on tap, half IPA and half "non-ipa". I won't go into detail on the menu since that's online but vegan gets equal representation and when there is a vegan and non-vegan version of something the staff makes you choose. They don't seem to make assumptions one way or the other.

I got the vegan italian sausage and my dining partner got the vegan buffalo wrap which were both just fine for this environment. Not the star of the experience nor a reason to avoid the place. It was just nice to be in a unpretentious bar that considers being vegan a valid personal choice.

(P.S while I would probably only rate this 4 out of 5 anyway I find the disqualification of this restaurant from 5 stars due to being only "vegan friendly" to be unreasonable. This place isn't just "vegan friendly" in the usual sense. I'd call it almost activist level vegan equal.)

Pros: half vegan, extensive beer selection

Cons: cramped, noisy

a bar with a great vegan selection - Edit

Local brewed beers and half the menu is vegan. Frankly you can't go wrong. Great vibes and board games. Loved this bar and will def be coming back! I ate some bomb buffalo "whings"

Pros: half the menu is vegan

Cons: food closes at midnight lol

Contributions +64

A bar. - Edit

While yes, it's cool to be able to go in somewhere and have a vegan sausage, this is a bar. The vegan disco fries were served with unmelted Daiya on top. Granted we ordered the gravy on the side because we're not gravy people but at least melt the cheese. Fries were salty to the point where the tongue hurts. Vegan "apple of my eye" sausage was okay but smallish in a huge bun with a lot of stuff on it. The Whings were some undecipherable substance coated in hot sauce and again more salt than I could stomach. They definitely want to keep patrons thirsty for beer. My fingers are still swollen and it's been 24 hours since we ate.

Additionally I called ahead to see whether the place was appropriate to bring kids and the woman on the phone assured me that people do all the time. Uh. No. We were the only one there with a kid because it's a BAR. Friends have been bugging me to try this place out and now I can say I have. Meh. If you're not into beer, it's nothing to shout about.

Pros: vegan stuff in a bar, board games

Cons: a bar, Salty McSaltlick food

Vegan Beer Bar! - Edit

I'm not much for the vegan sausages, but this is a really great neighborhood bar with an awesome vibe and selection of beer. The owner helps out vegan organizations and a lot of meet ups happen here.

Pros: vegan friendly

beer and sausages - Edit

We've been to Tony's once before, but tonight was the first time we ordered food as well. We each got apple sage sausages (although there are 5 vegan choices) customized with our own toppings. Dirk paid $2 extra to get his with chili too. We also shared an order of frizzled onions. Yum and more yum! But it's definitely vegan junk food. We each had a smoked porter to start. Dirk ordered a flight of IPA beers afterwards while I went with a raspberry lambic. They have a terrific menu of beers. The place was busy and noisy, so we are looking forward to returning for lunch or at a quieter time so that we can play games too. They have everyone's childhood board games on hand. Tony's would be the perfect bar if they were completely vegan, but as is, it's still a great place to hang out at a bar and still have choices as a vegan.

Pros: vegan bar food, great bar atmosphere

Cons: serves meat

Fabulous all around experience - Edit

For starters i made an account just to review this restaurant because i was so sad to see that no one has reviewed it yet and i hope to help get the word out. I went here with my family for lunch (4 of us vegetarian and 2 couldn't be further from it) and I could not stop raving about it to my friends when i got home. It is unfortunate that this place is tagged as veg-friendly becuase in reality, over half of their menu is vegan and they are conscientious about keeping the things separate in the kitchen. Generally if i'm going to try a new restaurant i only look into places that are 100% vegan because that is a real treat for me but i hope that vegans will keep an open mind about this place. Tony's has a simple menu consisting primarily of sausage (with an array of sauces and toppings served over a bed of greens or on a bun),homemade potato chips, maple glazed sweet potato fires, salads and craft beers and wine. They have 6 varieties of vegan sausage made by field roast. As much as id like to complain that their menu includes sausages made from animals, it does not detract from how much i love this place. All of the staff was extremely friendly and helpful and they explained the reason for having both meat and vegan options was that the owner is an on again off again vegan who just wanted a place that has something for everyone. While im in favor of getting my non veg friends and family to taste how amazing vegan cuisine is, i have to admit that it was nice to have lunch at a place that made everyone happy, where i didn't have to hear how "fake meat " was "not bad" but doesn't compare to the "real" stuff.
But enough about that, when it comes down to it, everything i ordered exceeded my expectations, the beer menu was exciting and the wine was unique, the atmosphere was comfortable and a bit quirky and it was run by really friendly, likeable people. Finally i will mention that Tonys is really a bar first and foremost. its was completly family friendly during the day but i am interested in finding out what it is like at night since its open till 1 or 2. I can't wait to go again on a friday or saturday night (its an hour drive for me) but hopefully i will have inspired others to check it out and let the rest of us know what they think :)

Return to Burbank Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tony's Darts Away closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2234 times since Aug 2010.