Tomato Pie Cafe

( 1 review )
717-627-1762

23 N Broad St, Lititz, Pennsylvania, USA, 17543

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers cafe food and baked goods, coffee, tea, and smoothies. Has soy, almond, macadamia nut milks. Specials includes vegetarian dishes and occasionally one will be vegan dish. Servers can confirm ingredients for you - just ask. Open Mon-Sat 7:00am-9:00pm, Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by DannyRebel

A really good dining option in the heart of Lititz - Edit

Quaint cafe in the heart of a rustic town.

I pass through this town once or twice a year and I must stop here to eat. As a single person, sitting at the coffee bar is the option because otherwise, waits to get tables for groups can be a half-hour.

Today, all I had to do was hear the three specials. Two were vegetarian and one was vegan. I also saw a Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake in the dessert case. Did not have to look at the regular menu to decide the Spinach Artichoke Pie and Chili was the way I wanted to go (after I heard the chili was vegan - they did not mention it until I told them I assumed it wasn't). These were technically two entrees so they came with a side and a scone. I ate these in house and took a Tomato Pie entree to go. With a Basil & Mint (yogurt) smoothie, this vegetarian was happy.

Perusing the menu online to add this cafe to Happy Cow, I noticed much more for vegetarians and vegans alike. My server was knowledgeable about vegetarian and vegan options, although not always labeled for easy determination, and she knew the difference between the two.

I don't think you can go wrong by giving this place a try if you get the chance to. Just be cognizant, as we all usually must be, and ask if you have questions about ingredients. Wherever I go, I make sure the server knows I am vegetarian and that they know that means that chicken and fish are not vegetables despite what they may have heard.

I am going to message this cafe as soon as I finish this review to urge them to label veg*n options because it would serve them and their customers better. If you visit here, maybe you will decide to inform them, too?

Since 4 of 5 stars is the highest permissible rating, I went with 3 because I believe they could do better to communicate/label the veg options.

Pros: Atmosphere inside and outside, Options available at prices not bad for the area, Tasty

Cons: So popular, wait time may be long to be seated, Veg*n selections are not all disclosed/labeled, Small/tight space - not a lot of elbow room

DannyRebel 23 Dec 2017 - My next visit was 10 days later. I enjoyed the Cilantro Lime Bowl... 6.95
Rice, quinoa and farro tossed in a cilantro lime dressing. Topped with sauteed spinach, onion, tomato and mushrooms. Finished with an avocado cream sauce . Another vegan pumpkin cheesecake for dessert. No veg chili available this time. I've emailed management to support labeling vegetarian selections on the menu.

Return to Lititz Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tomato Pie Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.