CLOSED: Tiny's

Contact 508-413-9582

336 Commercial St (at Freeman St), Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA, 02457

Serves meat, vegan options available. Restaurant is upstairs. Previously named The Outer Crepe. Has some vegan option clearly marked on their menu. CONFIRMED CLOSED, FEB 2016. Mon-Sun 8:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, International, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by pisceschic

Excellent - Edit

I tried the vegan corn chowder, frites (french fries), vegan Caesar salad and beet salad & liked them all. My fellow vegans liked their food as well (including the polenta which is not marked as vegan, but is).
We all got sides & not main dishes. Corn chowder is a broth with corn & potatoes, not creamy as I expected, but good. Lemon ginger drink was not liked by my friend. My meat eating partner liked her vegan sides & lobster rolls.
Service was friendly but food is on the slow side (small kitchen), so be prepared for a langorous meal.
Probably a 1/4 of the menu is vegan.

Pros: Good vegan options, Friendly staff, Tasty

Cons: Small, Slow

Holy Deliciousness - Edit

I literally can't even. This restaurant was so quaint and wonderful I truly wish I could give it a five star rating, but alas it's non-veg. This isn't the place to go for a quick and speedy meal, but I wouldn't call the service slow: simply calm. There's about 8-10 tables in all in the restaurant. Every table was on the deck and it really felt like I walked up to someone's home and said, "Hey, can you name us some food?" It was that quaint. They have a conscious mindset about all the food they serve and their vegan options sound delicious. I had the vegan Caesar salad topped with tempeh bacon. They had fresh brewed iced tea (nice and strong) and their hand cut fry cone was perfect (served with spicy ketchup). My mother who's not a vegetarian had the grilled cheese multigrain and said it was the best grilled cheese she's ever had. This Connecticut girl will fight to get back to Tiny's the next time I find myself in Provincetown!

Safe for vegans, GF, healthy and good - Edit

We walked the length of Commercial St to find a safe restaurant to eat, and chose Tiny's. It appeared to me that no one in Ptown takes greater care with their ingredients or composition of their menu. I felt very lucky to be able to eat here. There were many vegan-safe options and gluten-free options as well. Everything on the menu looked interesting and delicious. When delivered to the table, everything looked lovely and for the most part tasted good, though was perhaps not as complex and tantalizing as the menu text promised. But still, a very good meal at a very fair price, with friendly staff. I'd rate it 5 stars, but the HappyCow site limits ratings of non-vegan restaurants to 4 stars maximum.

Pros: Vegan Options, Healthy Ingredients, Gluten free options

Cons: On a deck — only fun in good weather

Best Vegan Food in the Cape - Edit

I ordered the vegan french toast and veggie sausage. The food was slow coming out, but once it got there the flavor was excellent. The wait staff was very attentive with refilling water and coffee. For two of us to eat it was $35, which by Cape standards is not too bad for a meal of this caliber. If you're looking for vegan food on the Cape this is the place that seemed to have the most variety and best quality.

Pros: Good food, Attentive Staff

Cons: Slow delivery

Wonderful meal, inventive dishes - Edit

My husband and I spent three days and two nights in Provincetown. We wondered where we would find quality food among the tourist traps and fudge shoppes and down-and-dirty clam and lobster shacks. Also, I am a vegan. Well, we stumbled upon Tinys and it was a happy discovery. Delicious food and setting, with a startling variety of innovative and tasty dishes. We ended up eating both dinners there and one breakfast! A true culinary treasure.

Pros: One flight up from noisy street, Amazing cocont cream cake

Cons: Staff slightly slow, Too many mat dishes

Nice effort but poor execution - Edit

For the prices charged at Tiny's, we were very disappointed by the food. It seemed like the chefs did not taste the food before serving it to us because the seasonings were dramatically off. We split an order of the beet latkes for an appetizer, and we each ordered a vegan caesar salad for our main entree. Unfortunately, the beet latkes were served on top of a huge puddle of raw ginger puree and with more ginger puree on top. We love ginger, but this was just too much. The sweet and woodsy beet flavors were completely overwhelmed by the overpowering soapiness of the raw ginger puree. I can't imagine that the ginger sauce was supposed to be served in that quantity and with that concentration of ginger flavor. The seasoning was way off with our vegan caesar salads, too. The dressing was so salty! It seemed like the salt in the caesar dressing recipe had been accidentally doubled or tripled. If one of the chefs had actually tasted the dressing after preparing it, they would have noticed the over-seasoning. Also, we had to wait a long time for our food -- about 20 minutes, which is a long time for 'counter service' food. I will say that the cashier and cooks were all nice, and the view from the deck is great for people-watching along Commercial Street.

Pros: concept is good, nice view

Cons: food was not good, seasonings were way off, expensive

Tiny's Is Amazing - Edit

Tiny's offers local food with many vegan options. I ate there every day I was in Provincetown and each dish was delicious. I had the tofu scramble with potatoes and toast, the caesar salad, and the maple-glazed tofu. I also tried the hummus burger. The side of fruit was great too. They have soy milk.

Pros: Many vegan options, Friendly staff, Outside seating

Cons: No inside seating, Slightly expensive

Return to Provincetown Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: Tiny's closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2660 times since Aug 2007.