Through Being Cool Vegan Baking Co.

• Bakery Bakery
  • Vegan
416-998-3321

1277 Bloor St W, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, M6H 1N7

Vegan bakery offering both sweet as well savory baked goods including cupcakes, scones, fried doughnuts, pizza buns, pretzels, and more. Has a coffee bar and also sells a range of ready-made as well frozen meals for take home like vegan mac and cheese, lasagna, cabbage rolls, sandwiches, and ravioli. Lansdowne subway station. Open Mon-Fri 8:00am-6:00pm, Sat-Sun 8:00am-5:00pm.

First Review by Behhhky

A Cozy Vegan Shop - Edit

I finally made it to TBC, and while I wasn't disappointed I wasn't blown away. TBC is a solid addition to the Toronto vegan scene, and it is conveniently located in the west end near several other vegan places. I just found the place to be a little sparse. A few comfy seats/tables could really make the space seem more inviting.

That being said, the baked goods were great and the prices reasonable. Definitely worth checking out.

Pros: Take Home Options, Great baked goods!!

Cons: Limited seating

FANTASTIC Donuts!!! :D - Edit

I took a trip to Through Being Cool on a "cheat day" of sorts and picked up a box of half a dozen donuts (naughty me). I should have realized how dense and filling they were! They were so delicious, especially the unique flavours they offer (ex. lime coconut). The only downside is that they don't last too long, and I doubt refrigerating them would preserve their texture. That being said, for the first real donut I've had since going vegan, I'm not disappointed in the least. I also picked up a nice genuine pumpkin spice latte there (made with real pumpkin). Delicioso ^_^

Pros: AMAZING Donuts, Friendly Staff, Plenty of Selection

Cons: So Much Temptation!!!

Really expensive but also really good - Edit

I love this place, but the prices are killer. I will pay the money just to see a vegan bakery stay in the neighbourhood though! They make vegan pizza rolls that are amazing, plus donuts, butter tarts and even frozen entrees! The staff/owners(?) are very friendly. The food is all gooey, doughy, sugary, delicious goodness.... not healthy really but great treats.

Pros: Delicious!, Good selection of meals & desserts, Great location

Cons: Really expensive, Not really healthy

Fabulous donuts - Edit

OK, I know it sucks that the donuts are $3. Better for me, I suppose, because they are delicious. Get them while they are still warm. I had a chocolate glazed donut stuffed with raspberry puree and it was delightful. The perfect amount of sweetness (ie, not very) and it was overflowing onto my hands as I ate it, but I was thrilled. Delicious. They also have tea lattes and a number of prepared entrees to go, too, like macaroni and cheese, veggie pot pie and tempeh cabbage rolls. Assorted jams and mustards, too.

Pros: delicious vegan donuts

Cons: price

tbc vegan bakery - Edit

The baked goods are tasty, friendly staff, nice location.... But soooo expensive. I just can't justify 3.50 for a "butter" tart, or 3.00 for a donut! I wanted to bring six butter tarts to a dinner and was nearly $30!!!

Pros: location, staff, tasty treats

Cons: price, no seating

Return to Toronto Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Through Being Cool Vegan Baking Co. closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1907 times.