The Veggie

+852-98516252

Shop B, 1/F COS Centre, 56 Tsun Yip St, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China

尚素 is a higher-end dining and sister restaurant to Veggie Family. Lunch is dim sum only; dinner is dim sum and other dishes. Est. 2016. Nearest MTR is Kwun Tong exit B3. Open Mon-Sun 11:30am-10:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by Stevie

Best dim sum/general lunch deal! - Edit

I've been here once for dinner and once for the weekend unlimited dim sum deal with Meat Free Meet Up group.

Some of the a la carte dishes are expensive, but you can order the cheaper ones if you are watching the cost.

For the dim sum deal, I got to try many dishes and it is ALL VEGAN!! Loved the vermicelli noodles with beansprouts, mock meats (which I don't usually like), amazing mixed fungus and mushroom dishes, green string beans with veggie mince, lettuce in bean paste, aubergine dish. And loved the mango sorbet, so delicious and creamy. Only dish I wasn't keen on was the white fungus in wasabi sauce.

Recommend visiting in a group and ideally trying the dim sum lunch deal.

UPDATE - visited again for lunch in a group of 4, and had the set for 4, which includes 4 starters, 3 appetizers, 2 mains, and dessert and a drink each (see my photo). Food was amazing. My guests who were visiting from out of town loved it. Portions were quite large... we were stuffed with the set for 4 (cost approx HKD 470). Very good value! Favourites today included the bean curd skin rolls and sweet and sour veggie chicken!

Updated from previous review on 2017-10-07

Pros: Good quality ingredients, Tasty!, Amazing weekend dim sum/general lunch deal

Cons: Certain dishes expensive a la carte

Fancy but a bit on the pricey side - Edit

If you never been, finding The Veggie can be a challenge as it is inside an office building in what appears to be an industrial part of Hong Kong. When you get inside the decor is what one would expect from an upmarket restraurant. There were a variety of dinner dishes including outstanding truffle dumplings, soups and various vegetable dishes as well as good selection of teas (some quite expensive). Serves were on the smaller side and prices about double what you would pay at say Veggie Family. Worth it for a good night out with business partners or someone special but a bit pricey for just a feed.

Pros: Excellent teas, Lovely decor, Delicious food

Cons: Hard to find, Pricey

Great dimsum! - Edit

One of my favourite places in the city!
Since recently they offer an all-you-can-eat dim sum lunch on weekends and public holidays. First session starts at 11:30am, second one at 2:15pm. Highly recommend to call ahead!
They call it buffet, but you just order whatever and how often you like from a special menu.
It contains mostly dimsum like buns, dumplings etc, but also main dishes like noodles, veggies in bean paste etc. Menu is in English and all vegan.

The selection is great and I have yet to discover anything I don't like. My favourites are the cheese springrolls, the wasabi dumpling and the birthday buns for desert!

Price is at 141 incl. 10%
I went three weekends in a row and just love it!

Pros: all vegan, great taste

Not worthy at this pricing - Edit

The Veggie always reminds me of Pure Veggie House. The food here is very similar to Pure Veggie House.

I went to The Veggie once alone for breakfast+lunch after my dance practice. I was a bit hungry and I confess that I have a big stomach and I usually eat a lot for breakfast and lunch. It costed me around 40 USD. It's expensive. The food there is good but not worth such high price.

The thing I don't like most is that their foods are too oily and greasy. Everything is with lots of oil there, especially the mapo tofu and fried rice rolls. I am a cook at home. I knew how to make these dishes and knew that there is no need for such amount of oil.

Pros: All are vegan.

Cons: Too oily, pricey

The Veggie, Kwun Tong - Edit

High end & all vegan. Full explanation..

Pros: All vegan

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Veggie closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.