The V Deli - Vdelicious

+44-2081271819

215 Pondsford St, Hackney, East London, England, E9 6JU

Small vegan deli and bakery serving cakes and pastries, wraps, salads, and burgers. Opened here Sep 2017. Accepts custom vegan bakery orders. Also sells out of the Tea Rooms Market on Brick Lane on Sundays 10am-4pm (call ahead to check though). Open Mon-Thu 9:00am-6:00pm, Fri 9:00am-2:00pm, Sun 10:00am-5:00pm. Hours reported to change frequently - call ahead.

Categories: Vegan, Delivery, Take-out, Bakery, British, European

First Review by VictorHugoLimachi

Nice Little Place With Super Yummy Cakes! - Edit

I had tried, on two occasions, prior to my first successful visit to go to this little deli, and whilst I don't particularly begrudge them the two failed endeavours - as I live 10 minutes walk away, if that - I would recommend perhaps giving them a ring beforehand just to check they're open if you're travelling further afield as their hours as listed on Google - for example - are incorrect.

Anyway, I went there one Tuesday afternoon and I went for a Mexican Spice burger meal, and I grabbed a few cakes as well (a jammy dodger, chocolate brownie and a cinnamon bun), and I took them home to eat.

The burger was nice and big, with a generous amount of pickles (always a plus in my book), it had a good splodgy "cheese" on it, and was reminded me of the burgers you could get from RedVeg (a now sadly defunct veggie burger chain from Brighton and Soho), as in it's a good take-out style burger, nothing too fancy here, just yum.

The fries were plentiful as well, with a little bit of spice and a small pot of ketchup that required refilling from my own supply - though I was sharing with a small ketchup-obsessed child.

Finally, as part of the meal, there was a fruit drink, mine was called Apple Crush and it was surprisingly delicious! Really thirst quenching, with just the right amount of ginger and carrot so as to not overwhelm the refreshing apple taste.

Also, the cakes were really good too! I ate the jammy dodger immediately, but we saved the brownie and cinnamon bun for later and they were both devoured quite hastily.

Going back to the cafe itself, it's a small little space, though - from talking to the staff member working that day - it appears they're planning to expand a tad around late February/March 2018, and should have more seating then.

I will be coming back when they do. Currently I think this is an ok place doing really nice food, it might be better suited to the takeout option at present, and maybe even ideally set-up for home delivery or office lunches through UberEats.

So, as a place to go for a meal and a sit down, I'm currently not sure it's ideal for that - especially as if someone else is already there then there won't be room for you! As a takeaway place it's great, though maybe a little out of the way if travelling on foot / public transport, so as an UberEats choice I think this is where they currently excel.

But, this is one to watch, as if the expansion happens then I think this'll be a really good off-the-beaten-path little place.

Updated from previous review on 2018-01-24

Pros: Friendly staff, Tasty food, Delicious fruit juice

Cons: Untrustworthy opening hours

Wasn’t open - Edit

Walked here especially to get some vegan cake and a coffee with my sister to find it wasn’t open at 2:30pm despite the opening hours being 9am-6pm. Very frustrating.

great!! - Edit

I have been only once as it's not very close to my house.
I have had the croissant and the fruit tart. They were both really good, but the fruit tart... Was like heaven!!!
They also offer other pastries, scones and hot food. As well as drinks.
They service was excellent!

Vegan scones and croissants!!! - Edit

The last 2 weeks I've visited their cafe and newly opened deli. I've only tried their scones, croissants and apple tart, and they have all been scrumptious. I want to go back to try their cupcakes and savory wraps.

Highly recommend this!

Return to East London Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The V Deli - Vdelicious closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.