The Taj Cafe

Contact 805-652-1521

574 E Main St (at downtown), Ventura, California, USA, 93001

Serves meat, vegan options available. Everyday at lunchtime is an all-you-can-eat buffet. The a la carte lunch and dinner menu includes some vegetarian entrees plus assorted breads, rice, and appetizers. Vegans should specify as ghee/dairy is used. Nice atmosphere, decorated with Indian-themed paintings on the walls. Open daily.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Catering, Non-veg

First Review by MZ.ur.it.a

Taj Cafe Indian Food - Edit

I had read about this place on happycow, and here's my The Taj Cafe review.

Came here during lunch time a few months ago. The servers were all very courteous and quickly offered me a seat and water. I looked at the lunch buffet, which included several vegetarian suitable dishes (not labeled vegan or not) plus a few meat dishes.

I opted to just get an order of samosas and a vegetable rice biryani. The samosas were all right, tasty and not too salty. The rice biryani was flavorful though a bit too oily for my liking. Not sure if ghee is used, but strict vegans should definitely inquire and be very specific.

The other diners seemed to be enjoying their all-you-can lunch buffet feast.

Awesome Indian Food - Edit

What a pleasant surprise today to enjoy a great lunch at The Taj Cafe. The waiter immeidately pointed out the many vegan food options on the buffet. I enjoyed the the various chutney's of which most were vegan as pointed out by the waiter. The food was all fresh and seasoned to perfection. I will definately visit again next time I'm in Ventura. It's some of the best Indian food I've ever had.

Pros: Convenient location, Reasonable pricing, Lots of vegan options

Great Food!! - Edit

I go here whenever I can , I love there spicy food and there's tons of vegan options! Also they have a lunch buffet with tons of options. I especially love their drinks. Also my omnivorous family, bf, and friends all love it so we can all go together!

Pros: excellent food, great staff, nice atmosphere

Cons: pricey

Return to Ventura Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Taj Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1071 times since Aug 2007.