The Station Restaurant

Contact 541-582-9725

595 E Main St (at near Highway 5 exit 48), Rogue River, Oregon, USA, 97537

Serves meat, vegan options available. Family operated restaurant. Many items can be made vegan upon request by substituting tofu or avocado for meat or dairy. Has an apple and pear salad, beans and rice, mango salsa.

Category: American, Organic, Non-veg

First Review by

Best Vegan Burgers We Ever Had - Edit

We ordered the spicy black bean burger and the portobello mushroom burger, and substituted in avocado for the cheese. Soup, salad or fries came with the burgers. We had the fries. The portions were super large and we were stuffed. My husband said it was the best burger he ever had, and I agree with the black bean burger as well. The fries were wonderful--tasted like real potatoes! Our non-vegan friends ordered the caesar salad and a burger. The caesar salad could have fed a family of four and was much, much more than lettuce and dressing but had eggs, etc. in it, and the burger must have been 3 inches high. They could barely finish both and although, cheesecake is Rick's favorite, he couldn't eat another thing. They loved the food as well. Although, not a vegan restaurant, they were very accommodating for us. I have never written a review, but this deserved one. Make reservations because you don't want to miss this food.

Pros: phenomenal food, great value, friendly waitress

OK for Rogue River - Edit

Might have done better to drive into Grants Pass, but the smoke was thick from wildfires, so we didn't feel venturing far from our motel room in Rogue River. The Station is homey, small-town cafe serving burgers, salads, burritos. Veggie burgers are offered but I'm pretty sure they were Morningstar products, which are not vegan (contain eggs). Tofu was on the menu as an added item on the tostada, so I took it, glad I did. Tostada was OK, not great. Good beer from Eugene, so I had two of those.

Pros: Tofu, Beer

Cons: Morningstar un-vegan burgers, Cramped quarters

So very good. - Edit

We're tourists in the area, and just happened to spot The Station's listing on Happy Cow. I am *so* glad we did. The food was fresh, amazingly good, and served in generous portions. Much of the menu was vegetarian, with options listed for customizing other dishes. The setting was casual and friendly, with options for sitting inside or outside.

Pros: Awesome food, Generous portions, Friendly service

Fresh, healthy, fabulous! - Edit

I am truly blessed to have this wonderful restaurant in my small town! The owner/chef (a former vegetarian) has made it a priority to have veg options on the menu and will customize dishes to any diet. All the food is made fresh with local ingredients whenever possible (they even have a little garden out back) and is made from scratch. You can't go wrong with anything you order from the menu...it's all delicious!

Pros: Fresh, local ingredients used, Friendly service/waitstaff, Food made fresh/homemade when you order

Cons: Small restaurant (not a lot of tables), Service can be slow when they're busy, Closed Sundays

Delicious! - Edit

Amazing, fresh, great food, charming!!!

Pros: Freshness, In-House recipes, Servers

Cons: Not Fast Food

Return to Rogue River Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Station Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 960 times since Aug 2008.