The Square

( 1 review )
+44-1736786766

10 Market Square, St Just, England, TR19 7HD

Serves meat, vegan options available. Take away deli with full salad bar, bhajis, soups (including vegan), baked potatoes, sandwiches to-order with dairy-free spread available, and coffee with soy milk choice. Uses an imported Italian pizza oven, and has vegan mozzarella for pizza, which are served from 3-8pm. Operated by Kings Arm across the street. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Pizza, Fast food, Salad bar, Take-out, British, Fusion, Non-veg

1 Review

First Review by Kamai

Great little place, and in deepest darkest Cornwall! - Edit

I was really thrilled to find this place last time I was in St Just. I'm from Cornwall myself, was vegetarian from the age of 11 (I've been vegan for 3 years now), and when I was young it was almost impossible even to get vegetarian food a lot of the time. Asking for a salad sandwich would often lead to the refrain 'what, no meat??' followed by utter confusion. These days it's getting a lot easier (yay!) and finding The Square last time I was home visiting my Mum was a lovely surprise.

It was a flying visit, and unfortunately I was there too early in the day to get to try the vegan pizza, but I had a large salad with a vegan bhaji, a slice of vegan cake, and coffee with soya milk. It was filling, tasty, and excellent value for money. The staff were delightful, friendly, and very welcoming. Next time I'm down visiting family I'm going to make sure I'm in time to try the pizza, and they had some very tasty sounding sorbet too.

My one - very minor - complaint, is that I wish they'd been serving the vegan pizza at lunch time!

Pros: Vegan pizza with vegan cheese!, friendly and welcoming , great value for money

Cons: No lunch time vegan pizza

Return to St Just Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Square closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.