The Roundel Cafe

604-253-2522

2465 Hastings St E, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, V5K 1Y8

Serves meat, vegan options available. Has a tofu scramble, hummus wrap, carrot ginger soup, sometimes vegan desserts.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Western, Non-veg

First Review by axelboot

More Vegan Options Please!! - Edit

I live in the neighbourhood and I love the Roundel (mostly) but the ONLY vegan option is the tofu scramble. It really is fantastic though. I guess you can veganize the huevos rancheros but I've done that and it's boring. I also can't eat gluten so the tofu burger is unfortunately a no go for me. I also don't recommend having the potatoes with your meal. I've had bacon bits in my potatoes before. They apologized and informed me that they are cooked right next to the meat so now I always opt for the organic brown rice instead. Unfortunately, the last 2 times I went they put potatoes on my plate instead of rice. I've also noticed the portion sizes decreasing ever so slightly. I went with my parents recently and my Mum only had 4 potatoes with her brunch. All in all it is a great little place with good food but it just needs a couple more vegan options. I know at least 2 of the servers there are vegan so why not add some options?

Pros: Mostly organic, great tofu scramble, friendly staff

Cons: long lineup, dwindling portions, not enough vegan options!

We love roundel! (for the most part) - Edit

The tofu scramble is amazing, and very filling. Veggie BLT and tofu burger are both good, but ask for no dairy (butter or the mayo) and sub for guac. There's also a choice to add veggie ham (it does taste like it might be yves brand, but i've yet to ask to make sure). My complaint is I really wished they had more vegan alternatives (like cheese, or tofutti ice cream for their amazing milkshakes that I used to enjoy so much). The staff there are super polite and very trendy. Maybe they'll be more open to vegan choices in the near future!

Pros: great tofu scramble, pretty atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: not a lot of vegan options

Awesome neighbourhood cafe! - Edit

I have been coming here since they opened three years ago.
They have a great breakfast on offer. Used to go to Slickity Jim's on Main, then discovered this place right by my home.
Like it more!
They provide a small salad with your breakfast, great roasted yam and potatoes, and a very good coffee to boot!
Only draw back is queuing up to get in if you arrive at prime time on Sat or Sun mornings after 10:00 am.

The service here is fine. I read a complaint in the West Ender newspaper in Vancouver, but they really try hard here to help you out.

It is not vegetarian however, so my kosher abiding spouse can't eat here..boo hoo!

Pros: Food looks great, Food tastes great, They have BEER!

Cons: Waiting for a table

Return to Vancouver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Roundel Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.