The Peak Hotel

+44-1433620247

How Ln, Castleton, England, S33 8WJ

Serves meat, vegan options available. Quirky pub restaurant in the Peak District that serves a typical pub menu with a number of vegan and vegetarian options. Offers dairy free butter and milk that can be used to adapt recipes in order to make them completely vegan. The mushroom wellington and vegetarian chilli are both completely vegan, the soup of the day tends to be vegan and dishes such as garlic bread and sandwiches can be made vegan. The staff are accommodating to dietary requirements and there is a resident vegan working there. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm. Food service hours, pub open until 11:30pm.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, British, Non-veg

First Review by Amiee1985

Really great food - Edit

The menu has changed since this entry was made and I am struggling to find the new menu online. However I can assure you there are still vegan options here and they are pretty good. We had breaded mushrooms and a beautiful bbq dip for starter and a bean burger and chips for mains. Was really delicious, was ready to just get a jacket potato and beans somewhere soo glad we didn't. There was another vegan option on the mains sadly I cannot remember what it was also sounded good just not as good as the burger.

Pros: Great atmosphere, Great tasting food

Great service, atmosphere and vegan food - Edit

I visited with my omnivorous husband and we both ate incredibly well. I highly recommend the mushroom, spinach and cranberry Wellington-delicious!!
Fantastic service in a proper Peak District, country pub. Totally unexpected but we will defiantly be revisiting as well as having visited twice during our weekend trip!!
This is MUST xx

Pros: atmosphere , menu, music

Return to Castleton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Peak Hotel closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.