The Griffin Takeaway

Contact 306-933-3385

3311 8th St E (at Trans-Canada Hwy ), Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, S7J 4K1

Local vegetarian take-out business located next to Jysk. Offers light lunch food including soups, salads, sandwiches, and quiche. Open Mon-Sat 10:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Western, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Arf

Great place for vegan sweets - Edit

I often come the The Griffin Takeaway for vegan brownies, whoopie pies, fudge, haystacks, and ginger cookies. They have a wide selection of tasty vegan baking, and you can even order vegan cakes for your special occasions. They can make a custom vegan cake for you within a few days notice! They also have vegan bread, soups, and sandwiches for lunch. I would recommend this place for vegan treats.

Pros: Good price, Many vegan options, Quick lunch

Won't go back - Edit

Food is alright but its not totally veg. The first item on the menu is a pork sandwich. I went in one day and they had a potato leek soup on the menu. I asked if it's vegan and the girl said yes so I ordered it. I felt awful the whole day. Went back the next day and asked a different girl if the potato leek soup is vegan and she said no, it has lots and lots of dairy. I figure everyone makes mistakes so the next week I gave them another shot. I ordered a sandwich on vegan bread. When I got home and unwrapped the sandwich I found a big chunk of pork stuck to the bottom of the sandwich. Needless to say I won't be going back.

Cons: Not Vegetarian

Contributions +17

The Griffin Takeaway - Edit

Delicious! Every Vegan option on the menu is worth trying and can be made Gluten free as well! I have no food allergens so I've tried about everything on the Vegan Menu several times! This is my favourite place to grab a bite in Saskatoon! The African Peanut Soup is a must if its on rotation, and the Cashew Quinoa Salad always hits the spot! Saskatoon is becoming fairly Vegan friendly, I don't have much trouble eating out at all, but so far this is the only place with a wide array of Deserts and I love me some sweets!
The staff are great and often remember you once you've been in a couple times, and really make you feel valued as a customer!

Pros: Delicious affordable on the go food, Vegan Desert Options, Great customer service

Cons: No tables-Take out only

Griffin Takeout Rocks!! - Edit

I have been able to buy non-cruelty free VEGAN baking for my friends and family and they LOVE it every chance they have to eat it!

Pros: Easily Accesible, VEGAN OPTIONS!!!, Polite& Product Educated Staff

Cons: Too Small to go out for a group outing.

Outstanding: run don't walk here! - Edit

I'll try most any place that advertises vegan offerings, especially in a small city like Saskatoon where there are few options. I love baked goods, and this place is the real deal. I have oodles of disappointing cakes, squares, etc., all over the world, but the salt water caramel brownie I had at the Griffin is easily the best vegan baked good I've had in my extensive travels in Europe, Canada, and the US. I tried the strawberry crisp, which also was nice. My one regret is that I didn't try more things out--that'll have to wait until the next time I'm in Saskatoon. They had some great looking puddings and cookies in their display case as well, and all the vegan offerings were well marked.

These guys are the real deal, and they were super friendly when I went in there as well, which is a nice bonus. The location is rather nondescript, but don't be put off by that. My one complaint is that the name is not descriptive enough: you really can't tell what it is by its name. That might keep people away.

(ps, this isn't my first review on Happycow, but I somehow forgot my login...)

Pros: Delicious, Friendly

Cons: Their name

Return to Saskatoon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Griffin Takeaway closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 3189 times since Apr 2012.