The Dog is Hot

Contact 931859517

C/Joaquin Costa 47 local bajo 1 y C/ de l'Or 8, Barcelona, Spain,

Serves meat, vegan options available. A hotdog joint that offers 20 or so varieties. Could choose tofu sausage dog and toppings like mushroom, guacamole, olives, tomato, salad, and sauces. Open Mon 1:00pm-5:00pm, Mon 7:00pm-11:00pm, Tue-Fri 1:00pm-11:00pm, Sat 1:00pm-4:00pm, Sun 7:00pm-11:00pm.

Category: American, Fast food, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Petesternz

Cheap, fast and tasty! - Edit

I visited 3 times and ate a delicious hot dog every time! There are many different toppings to choose from, my favorite was the guaca-dog :) The only thing that could be improved is the service, they were very uninterested and not very friendly, but since I took my hotdog with me instead of eating it inside, I didn't really care that much about the service

Pros: Tasty, Fast and easy take away

Cons: Service

Delicious! - Edit

We went here after visiting Park Guell, and I'm so happy that we did! It's a basic tofu dog in a bun, but there's a huge range of toppings to put on. I got guacamole, corn, and mustard, which was surprisingly wonderful. You can also get fries or nachos, plain, or with more vegan toppings. The only downside is there's hardly anywhere to sit, but it's easy to eat your dog while walking/standing.

Pros: Large range of toppings

Cons: Not much seating

Vegan Dawgs!! - Edit

This is proper fast food to be eaten on the street. It's rough and ready and primed for action. A huge selection of dogs all availablle with the tofu sausage. Massive range of toppings and fillings with an array of sauces ready to be fired into your dog when it is handed over. The vegan dog is spot on, and for the spice girls and boys out there I would recommend the Chilli Dog without the beef chilli sauce of course. Just ask for plenty of jalapenos and the super tasty chilli pepper condiment in the jar at the counter. Decent prices in the region of €3.90-€4.50 at the time of writing on December 1st 2014.

Pros: fast food, tasty, lots of fillings and sauces

Return to Barcelona Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Dog is Hot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.