First Review by Charlie Behrens

Awesome Cuban Sandwiches - Edit

This was our second time back - vegan Cuban sandwiches and potato salad was soooo delicious! Service is fantastic- there's a great little shop with all kinds of unique clothing, jewelry and decor. Today, Cay's Cupcakes was doing a pop-up. Really great place - we highly recommend

Awesome offerings! - Edit

This is definitely a place worth going out of your way for! I live 70 miles away but make special trips to The District. I go for the food, not so much for the merchandise sold throughout the store.
They sell harder to find foods, like Herbivorous Butcher and Miyoko's Kitchen, in addition to other local brands. There is a rotation of pop-up restaurants that use The District, so there's not a set menu. The food served by the pop-ups is high quality.
Their pre-made sandwiches and salads are very good. The Cuban is by far my favorite sandwich...highly recommend.
They now sell their own line of vegan meats, cheeses, and nut milks which are top-notch. The desserts I've eaten here are yummy. I ordered a brownie once and it was probably the best brownie I've ever had!
The atmosphere is very cozy. The owners are so friendly and personable. I've never had a bad experience here.

Updated from previous review on 2017-08-04

The District At Mills 50 - - Edit

Amazing hidden gem with local, independent art and goods, vintage clothes and books, vegan food and drinks, and more! If you like supporting local artisans as well as buying second-hand items, this place is a must-see! They also stock the Herbivourous Butcher vegan meats.

We tried the vegan breakfast sandwiches: Hammy Sammy, "Sausage", and "Steak" ($3.75 each). All were delicious. They also offer: Chorizo, but it was not available the morning we visited. Breakfast is served 7:00 am - 10:00 am daily.

The staff is very friendly and personable. We look forward to visiting again. This space features local artists and hosts pop-up events so be sure to check them out for the latest details on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter: @DistrictAtMills

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-18

Pros: Vegan Options, Friendly Staff, Nice Vibe

Cons: Some items on shelves were not marked

Just like grandma's house! - Edit

This place is like my 2nd home. Always good food being served by several businesses serving pop up food! Burnamupchili burritos and mac n cheese, Boca Fresca Caribbean style food, Leguminati crunch wraps, Dajen Eats Jamaican style food & ice cream sold in the store, Joe's oats patties serving amazing food and their products always available in store. Incredible atmosphere and great service. If you're a vegan, you need to visit this store at least once a week. Support numerous local businesses by shopping here as opposed to making corporations richer.

Pros: Vegan product heaven, delicious food, Great atmosphere

Cons: NONE

Wonderful Vegan General Store - Edit

I finally got a chance to visit The District today at lunchtime and loved it! It has the feel of an old fashioned general store, but updated with lots of the modern vegan foods.

There were lots of ready-to-eat items in the case -- from baked goodies, to sandwich wraps. I chose the green leaf wrapped chickenless salad. It was delicious! I added a orange, turmeric, cinnamon kombucha made near Orlando. I had to get back to work, so I just got it to-go.

But I didn't stop with just lunch. I raided the drinks fridge for some fresh aloe vera juice, and the freezer for a curry lentil wrap and some spicy vegan sausages. On the shelves I found a local brand of marinara sauce that I know I like, a jar of spicy pickled dilly beans, and a can of organic sliced jack fruit.

I want to go back soon, because I noticed lots of other things that call to me. There were coffees, several shelves of books of all sorts, vegan steaks, and whole shelves that I didn't even get a chance to look at.

There were only 3 non-vegan items in the whole store, all well identified.

This is a wonderful addition to the Mills-50 neighborhood. I'm so glad they moved in.

Updated from previous review on 2017-06-17

Pros: Lots of fun vegan foods, Ready-to-eat foods, and food to take home, Large group tables allow sharing or being alone

Cons: I wonder if they'd consider having some produce?

Return to Orlando Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The District at Mills 50 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.