The Corner Store

Contact 508-432-1077

1403 Old Queen Anne Rd (at Rte 137), Chatham, Massachusetts, USA, 02633

Serves meat, vegan options available. A local Cape Cod landmark located on the Harwich town line. Has vegan options. Offers burritos with organic tempeh (by request), paninis, in-house-made hummus, caramelized onions, grilled eggplant, long-grain brown rice, beans, desserts. Uses no trans fats or hydrogenated oils, MSG, or high fructose corn syrup.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, International, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by lfusfeld

more options than you think - Edit

I've seen a few reviews complaining about the options here, and while the don't have tempeh, tofu or seitan at the ready, there is plenty to choose from. There is usually at least one type of bean available (including refried), rices, tons of veggies, salsa, etc. They are accommodating if you say you are veg or vegan and do so with a smile on their faces. I like this place a lot and the price is right!

Pros: price, value, accomodating

Cons: parking

mediocre burritos - Edit

When I arrived I ordered a burrito and asked about the tempeh another reviewer mentioned. I was told by a surprisingly surly teenager that you have to call ahead for it, or wait for 20 minutes to have it cooked. I went on their website before stopping and nowhere was this mentioned, the idea of calling ahead. I skipped it, not wanting to wait and ended up with a bad burrito. I wouldn't ever go there again. There are way better options in Hyannis and p-town for vegan food. This is an only if you're desperate sort of place.

Exceptional! - Edit

The eggplant sandwich can be made vegan and is awesome. My husband got a vegan burrito with tempeh and declared it the best tempeh he had ever had. The employees were really nice, and the food was done quickly. If you want a tempeh burrito and don't want to wait 15 min for your food, call in advance. We didn't, but the wait was not bad at all. They also offer a local brand of nice fruit juice based sodas - we enjoyed the blackberry. Pretty reasonable prices too.

Pros: Delicious, Inexpensive, Fast

Cons: Not that many vegan options

Return to Chatham Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Corner Store closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 992 times since Feb 2012.