The Coffee Bean

Contact 01759301863

60 Market St, Pocklington, England, YO42 2AF

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small cafe with a family-friendly atmosphere: shared tables, newspapers, toys and books for children. Owner is accommodating to vegan guests. Vegans could get a burrito with brown rice, beans, tomato sauce, avocado and lime dressing plus salad; salad with house-made hummus and falafel; vegan fried breakfast; raspberry chia slice; chocolate cake; soya milk in coffee and hot chocolate (no extra charge for soya). Let your server know if vegan.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, British, Non-veg

First Review by Vegan Tiger

A delicious lunch! - Edit

I love my Wednesday lunchtime visits to The Coffee Bean with my daughter. There's a very warm and friendly atmosphere and all the vegan food I have had has been very good. They seem to be offering a greater variety of vegan options with each passing week. Also, once the staff knew I was vegan, they were very happy to suggest ways in which they could veganize some of the other menu options with adaptations or substitutes. This week I had the burrito with brown rice, beans, fresh tomato sauce, avocado-lime dressing and salad, followed by the raspberry and chia slice. It was all delicious. Last week I had the vegan chocolate cake with a soya latte - a beautiful combination. I also love the superfood salad; there was something non-vegan in the dressing, I think, so I got additional homemade hummus instead (or homemade falafel - I can't remember which!) The vegan fried breakfast is a regular treat - served now until late morning only, alas. The soya hot chocolate is up there with the best I've tasted and the chai latte is excellent. I've not yet explored the range of smoothies on offer (green and otherwise) but there's plenty of time! There are not that many options for vegans in traditional cafes in this part of East Yorkshire, in my experience at any rate, so it's well worth a try.

Pros: Friendly, accommodating staff, Good atmosphere at shared tables, Menu rings in the changes regularly

Cons: Your table neighbours eating meat & fish, Can get busy and it's not a huge space , Vegan fried breakfast ends too early!

Return to Pocklington Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Coffee Bean closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 326 times since Dec 2015.