The Blue Nile

Contact 801-364-4042

755 S State St, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84111

Serves meat, vegan options available. Ethiopian food restaurant. Menu includes vegetable-based dishes with 2 appetizers that are vegan, along with 6 mains, and 1 vegetable combo plate. Food is offered with injera bread (like a sourdough crepe). Open Mon-Sat 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: African, Ethiopian, Non-veg

First Review by Navegante

Great Spot! - Edit

Great little restaurant, with two different seating areas to suit your comfort level. Our server was knowledgeable and helpful. We ordered the blue Nile special, because it had a little of everything. My husband eats meat, so he ate the meat portions and I ate the vegetable portions. The different lentils and greens were flavorful and great!! Make sure to ask for a side of chili sauce if you like to kick up the heat. Looking forward to coming back on our next trip.

Good food, if you like Ethiopian. Slow service. - Edit

I went here with my family after finding a Groupon. I don't think that the restaurant was staffed to handle the crowd of people after putting out the Groupon. Menu has multiple vegetarian options, which most are vegan as well. Staff was aware of which items were vegan. We tried 2 appetizers and a veggie platter. I wasn't a big fan of the cold lentil appetizer, but all the rest of the food was tasty. My kids didn't like it much, but they are kids. Service was slow, but the staff was nice.

Pros: Good food, Ethiopian videos playing on TV, Multiple veg/vegan options

Cons: Slow service, Vegan options not marked

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Blue Nile closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.