First Review by lwylie

Vegetarian and Vegan, They cook like you want. - Edit

The service was excellent. The menu had many choices and they will cook anything you want vegetarian or vegan. The food was fantastic. I have been to Thailand and had authentic Thai food and the food here was as good or better than the food in Thailand.

Pros: Friendly staff, Cook it like you ask, Lots of vegan and vegetarian choices

Great meal in Carson City - Edit

We love this place. Second time in town and had to come back. Excellent food and friendly service. There is a great understanding of what vegan means here. If the Mango spring roll is on the menu, get it. Delicious. Most meals can be made without meat and/or with tofu. Great flavors. Great vegan place in the middle of a city that does not offer a lot of vegan options.

Basil is the bomb - Edit

we love this place. We are vegan and my parents who live in Carson City are die hard adherents of the SAD diet. Basil accommodates us as vegans in a very friendly and delicious way. All of us are happy with our meals every time. We love the Mango Rolls and the Green Papaya Salad as well as the Thom Ka Ghay soup made vegan. Their curries are excellent with fresh veggies and lots of flavor. They also make a great vegan Pad Thai if you request it.

Pros: happy to accommodate vegans , friendly owners, delicious food

Cons: closed on sundays

Vegan delight - Edit

This restaraunt was amazing! When we arrived we mentioned we were vegan and we were treated like royalty! The chef and owner came out and talked to us reassuring us that she would create amazing dishes. They went above and beyond and the food was delicious! It was a culinary delight! They also serve meat for those who prefer that.

Pros: Delicious, Great atmosphere, Wonderful service

The Basil - wonderful dining experience - Edit

My earlier review was based upon the lunch menu. For this review, my wife and I had the pleasure of having dinner. While lunch at the Basil is a treat; dinner is even better. Although non-vegetarian items are served, one aspect of The Basil I appreciate is the lack of any meat-cooking odors. Also, we had the opportunity to meet the owner, herself a vegetarian. When I commented that I have always found questions concerning eggs and animal source ingredients handled with clear understanding, and that I was very impressed with the level of her wait-staff's understanding of vegetarian concerns, she said she has spent a lot of time educating them.
The dinner menu contains numerous vegetarian options. We started dinner off with a suggestion from the owner to try the mango spring rolls. They were beyond wonderful. Next, we tried the green papaya salad and it was a huge hit. For our main courses, my wife ordered tofu and broccoli in a peanut sauce, and I ordered the panang curry with tofu. Dinner was wonderful. The artistic presentation of the dinner items reflects the owner's desire to promote her cultural heritage, and her wish that people will appreciate the care with which each item is prepared. Lastly, we shared a desert of homemade coconut ice cream. All I will say about desert, is that should you be so fortunate as to dine here, order this desert. Again, I give The Basil the highest rating I can. Although they serve non-veg items, they are beyond friendly to vegetarian guests.

Pros: Extrememly clean, Friendly and knowlegeable staff, Wonderful food

Cons: The Basil is a four hour drive for me!

Return to Carson City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Basil closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1621 times since Apr 2010.