The Bagel Project

917-822-9313

779 S 500 E, Salt Lake City, Utah, USA, 84102

Serves fish, vegan options available. Old-world style bagels and sandwiches shop, opened Dec 2014. Does not use sugar, honey, dairy, egg, or preservatives in the bagels. Ask for vegan cream cheese.

Category: American, Take-out, Bakery, Non-veg

First Review by Navegante

Easy to find, great service, delicious food - Edit

they have delicious options and the place is super cute. however, after reading the description on happy cow that they have vegan cream cheese, I asked for it at the counter. Each employee looked at one another and then asked "what's vegan cream cheese?" in a very kind, but confused way. they do have hummus & jam as vegan spreads but they don't have vegan cheese, nor did they seem to ever have that option. they were very apologetic about the false advertising that someone left on happy cow but we're happy to offer me other options. worth going to!

Pros: lots of delicious bagel options that have an amazi

Cons: I ordered 5 bagel sandwiches and waited 25 minutes

mmmm - Edit

this place reminded me that i looooove bagels. ive only had their bagels from blue copper but they were amazing nonetheless.

Vegan Bagels! Different, but good..... very good. - Edit

I went to the "soft-opening" of The Bagel Project today. I've heard that they sold their bagels at the farmers market downtown. This storefront is familiar to local vegetarians/vegans as the former home of Frisch Compassionate Eatery. The store is simple, clean, and pleasant. I had the pleasure of meeting the owner. The staff is friendly and helpful. All the bagels are vegan and they will be getting in some vegan cream cheese and possibly some hummus soon. They had a strawberry/rhubarb jam that was vegan available. I tried the "Bialy" after verifying that it too is vegan, and got a six-pack of bagels for the road. These bagels are not the same as store-bought bagels, or even those sold at other bagel shops. They are more firm, dense, but delicious. At first bite, I wasn't sure I liked them as well - but they are strangely addictive. The bialy was tasty, with onions and olive oil in the middle. I also really like the "salt" bagel. It has just the right amount of salt (not too heavy) and reminds me of a very tasty pretzel. I'm excited that the shop has opened near downtown!

Pros: Vegan bagels!, Nice staff and owner, Location is central to downtown

Return to Salt Lake City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Bagel Project closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.