The Abbaye

Contact 215-627-6711

637 N 3rd St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19123

Serves meat, vegan options available. Bar and restaurant with a seasonally inspired menu that uses fresh local ingredients. Specials' menu changes often. Has Sunday brunch. Offers a few vegan choices including buffalo seitan wings (seitan made-in-house), meatball sandwich, seitan cheesesteak, and red bean burger. Sun-Wed kitchen open until 11pm, Thur 12am, Fri-Sat 1am. Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:00am, Sat-Sun 10:00am-2:00pm

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by elephantelizabeth

vegan buffalo seitan is awesome! - Edit

Although some of their food is hit or miss (I did not like the vegan meatballs at all!), I keep coming back because the buffalo seitan is delicious!!! They also have wonderful, refreshing margaritas, and they have some outdoor seating, so it's great if you want an appetizer and some drinks outside.

Pros: buffalo seitan

Nothing special - Edit

Went to The Abbaye on a trip to Philadelphia with my family. We were looking for a place were I could eat and the rest of my family (my dad and sister are not vegans). The Abbaye seemed to be a good mix.
I read online they were having a vegan lasagna special. We got there fairly early, around 6, and they said they were all sold out of the lasagna! Made me wonder if they even made it at all. They had a very small selection on their menu and nearly all of the vegan stuff is seitan. I settled on a pumpkin veggie burger, which I don't think was fully vegan because my stomach felt strange, and it was not very good.

Pros: Vegan options

Cons: Dirty , Bland

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has The Abbaye closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 725 times since Dec 2012.