Thai Time Asian Bistro

707-526-7777

402 Mendocino Ave, Santa Rosa, California, USA, 95401

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai food menu, marks the veg/vegan suitable dishes. Open Mon-Thu 11:30am-9:30pm, Fri-Sat 11:30am-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Ovo, Thai, Non-veg

First Review by catbone

Wonderful food and service - Edit

Everything we ordered was wonderful but do get the tofu spring rolls. They are by far the best we've ever had!

happy find - Edit

There is separate menu for vegan and gluten free. We had fresh summer roll which was very soft and large, peanut sauce wasn't too sweet, coconut soup was really good, pumpkin red curry and eggplant dish was really fresh and tasty. Price was quite reasonable. I can't wait to go back again!

You can't go wrong with the pumpkin red curry here! - Edit

Unless you don't care for pumpkin or red curry, I think you're going to love pumpkin curry dish here... I did! Everything sounded so appetizing on the menu that also featured award winning dishes, I was having a hard time deciding what to order. Fortunately, my young waiter said he really liked the pumpkin curry and the Drunken Noodles... both "taste good" to him. So, I got excited and ordered the pumpkin curry.
As I was waiting for my lunch, I noticed 3 yellow ribbons hanging on the cash register a little ways in front of me... like the ones they give to the winners of county fair contests. I instantly remembered that as I walked up to the Thai Time Bistro, there were also 3 yellow county fair ribbon awards on display in the storefront window. These awards surrounded a Food & Wine news article on the winners of the Sonoma Harvest Fair. Although they featured these winning dishes on the menu, I had a good feeling about the pumpkin curry that day.
I watched a few large takeout orders being picked up while I waited for my lunch. I also looked around and thought the wall hangings were quite pleasant. But, when my beautifully displayed lunch appeared, I abandonded my curious neck-craning around my surroundings and dug in.
The curry was so piping hot, I had to start with the salad. It was in a cute bowl of its own, as was the rice, and in a slightly bigger bowl, the entree. I liked the display so much, I actually snapped a photo (see photo). I don't usually do that, but the food display really did make my lunch taste better than when they serve it on an ordinary plate or even worse, a Bento box.
The salad was nothing out of the ordinary, but I immediately noticed the way the carefully drizzled salad dressing was placed, which always shows the mark of a true chef. The rice was acceptable... but the curry... now that's something to talk about!
First of all, the curry was so piping hot! If you eat curry, then you know there is gradient temperature difference in taste. Usually the curry is brought out somewhat warm and sometimes even hot, but rarely piping hot to the point of giving off steam everywhere... like this one.
This curry was so hot when it was brought out to me, I actually burned my mouth trying to bite into a large pumpkin piece. So, I ate the small salad first and even then the curry was still piping hot when I made a second attempt to eat it. And, I am happy to say I was not disappointed by any means. I loved it so much that at some point, I actually abandoned my chopsticks and began dipping the large tablespoon in just the sauce to slurp up the sweet goodness.
Happy as could be, I asked for containers for my rice (the curry itself was so good I hardly took 2 bites out of my rice bowl) and my precious curry. The nice thing about curry is you can't overeat on it because it's so rich. I've tried on many occasions to finish off leftover curry sauce, but I get satiated so quickly that I always have to ask for a container to take the rest with me... but only if it's red curry. Yellow or green curry doesn't do it for me and my husband won't leave Panang curry sauce behind either. But with me, it's red curry... and I can tell you this one's very good.
As I was waiting for my check, I noticed a local Santa Rosa Police Officer picking up a large takeout order. I thought that was a good sign since it was either an over-sized order for one or probably an order for two, even though he was by himself. As I waited to hold the door open for him, we both laughed as he struggled desperately to balance all his boxes in his bag and tell me he was trying to get a takeout menu to take with him. Definitely a good endorsement that he was coming back for more because the Police always know the best eateries in town. I'm sure they have some sort of Police Network on "Good Eats" and Thai Time Asian Bistro is on their list!

Return to Santa Rosa Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Thai Time Asian Bistro closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.