Tabuleh Cafe

Contact 772-403-2199

1601 SE Federal Hwy (at SE Decker Ave), Stuart, Florida, USA, 34994

Serves meat, vegan options available. Tabuleh Cafe offers a variety of gluten-free, organic foods and vegan options. Juices from fresh hand squeezed juices to exotic international groceries and Mediterranean food. Wi-fi. Open Mon-Sun 6:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Indian, International, Organic, Mediterranean, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by joylangtry

Veg friendly? - Edit

This "restaurant" is in a gas station! But ok, we decided to give it a try. As I sat there for 50 minutes waiting for my order, I read the big poster about how the animals are killed for the type of meat they served. Even back in the day when I ate meat I didn't want to read how the animals were slaughtered!! It was truly offensive. I then faced the other way so I wouldn't have to look at the poster. After watching 2 people that came in after I did get their orders I started to worry that the child that took our order at the register never put our order in. I was right. The woman cooking came out to the seating area and asked if everyone had gotten their food. I said no, and she asked what we had ordered. I then asked for my money back. She said she was really sorry but someone had been out sick and they were short handed. She was very nice.
I believe if you are going to be veg/vegan friendly you have to take down the animal slaughtering rules for the Type meat that is served there.

Pros: Green building

Cons: Slaughtering rules poster, LONG LONG wait., In a gas station!

Nice break for a vegan lunch in Stuart - Edit

Lots of veg*n options. Good amount of seating. Staff wasn't up on what "vegan" means but willing to check ingredients. Includes a convenience store with some healthy food options.

Pros: Great for grab-n-go, Famous Falafel Sandwich is good

I LOVE this place! - Edit

Thank you Planet Ozone for opening and thank you people for supporting it as it is an absolute oasis in the midst of Stuart and a busy day.
This is one of only two places I will eat in the Stuart area as it has full on Vegan which is what I am looking for and lots of vegetarian. For you carnivores, there is a huge selection of Halal meats. If you don't know what that is I suggest you Google it!

There are many Organic selections as well and If other restauranteurs are reading this I hope you are thinking and planning. Sure we are near the ocean, that's why I go snorkeling! As for eating out of the ocean I prefer cold water seaweed! The time is now people to go green, nut just in the cleaning supply closet but on the table!

Planet Ozone has a small but tasty salad bar with Romain lettuce, spinach and a bunch of interesting little sides from the Middle East including exotic olives, homemade pickles and dressings.

I am crazy for their Felafel and if you like wraps but steer away from gluten try one in a gluten free millet bread wrapper. If they invested in a panini oven they could even toast it and it would rival the wheat!

Planet Ozone has organic fresh made juices! Each and every day there are four different soups and you can help yourself and mix them if that is your thing. I recommend the yellow lentil mixed with the spinach and rice if you see them and yes these are VEGAN!

How cool is the store? I always find things there which I can find no where else. This makes it easy to grab a bottle of Organic Olive Oil, a crunchy snack for the road, a lottery ticket or even some sparkly cowboy boots! Who knew! You have got to check this place out!

Thank you Planet Ozone and Tabbouleh Cafe! I love you!

Pros: Awesome Vegan choices, Great Shopping, Biofuel

Cons: I wish there was an even larger menu

Thankful - Edit

I was on a work trip and I was so grateful to find this place; because as a community and area, Stuart really does not understand the word "vegan." Here the staff understood and offered a number of tasty options. I had the vegetarian platter without the sauce which turned it into a vegan platter. Included stuffed grape leaves, humus, and falafel. Falafel was DELICIOUS and I am not usually a fan. I came back in the morning and got myself a fresh green juice. What a relief!! Plus very nice staff.

Also a coworker, who is an omnivore, was happy here as well. She actually ended up eating vegetarian with the falafel wrap.

Pros: Falafels are delicious. , Good fresh juices at reasonable prices, It's part of a sustainable building & market

Cons: Confusing to find since its at a gas station, Seating a bit cafeteria like, They offer a lot of meat

Favorite place to grab a bite - Edit

Being that Tabuleh Cafe is THE ONLY happy cow listing in this area, it is definitely worth a visit. They are located inside the gas station (which is also the most eco-friendly commercial building in Martin County). Seating is somewhat limited, but I have never had to wait. My standards are the Veggie Platter and the Hummus & Falafel Pita. The are both delicious! Also, they have a great selection of soups. I tried the Spinach & Rice with Chickpeas the last time I was in and will order it again the next time I see it.

Pros: Quick and fresh

Cons: Not vegan/vegetarian

Great Shopping as well as dining - Edit

The Vegetarian food at the cafe was quite good, hummus, baba ganouj & falafel is what I had. Though it was a couple of years ago, I do remember enjoying the food, and I have been back several times to shop. There are many middle eastern specialty items (biryani paste, tahini and more, in many varieties) as well as a great sprouting supplies rack. Yes, if you like to grow your own sprouts, you can get all the organic seed packs and other related products there.

Return to Stuart Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Tabuleh Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.