Swami's Cafe

760- 966-1203

608 Mission Ave, Oceanside, California, USA, 92054

Serves meat, vegan options available. One of few locations in the area, a vegetarian friendly cafe that offers fresh fruit and veggie juices, wheat grass, salads, tofu dishes, fruit and acai bowl, and more. Has Wi-Fi. Confirmed open by happycow Nov 2012. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-4:00pm.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Elisethepinkmermaid

Great Options!...if you have time to ask questions - Edit

I have a serious love/hate relationship with this place. Delicious options, a decent amount of vegan items, good prices, great atmosphere. HOWEVER, it's extremely difficult to figure out what items are actually vegan. I've spent a good amount of time asking questions to help navigate the menu, since much of it is vegetarian, but not vegan. Some of the cashiers know more than others so I tend to order the same things a lot to be sure I'm not holding up the line or risking eating some egg/dairy. :/

I can say that everything I've tried is great! With the exception of the black bean and brown rice burrito. That was pretty bland and the rice seemed overcooked to me. Needed some salt and ,maybe some peppers and onions inside for some extra flavor. If I get in the future, I will definitely ask to add that to it.

Pros: Great food, Awesome Atmosphere, Nice Staff

Cons: Hard to identify vegan options

menu doesn't list vegan options. - Edit

I use this happy cow app to find vegan options at a restaurant. I feel if the restaurants are on this app, their menu should state what's vegan. I like the idea of Swamis, but hate searching through their menu for options. I've eaten here twice and both times, my food has been bland. My non vegan friends love it.

Pros: beat atmosphere

Cons: have to ask if it vegan. , menu doesn't state what's vegan. , not much to chose from.

Best Option in Oceanside! - Edit

We eat breakfast here every weekend and order takeout lunch so much they know who we are. They offer tofu and soy chorizo to be replaced in every meal so it's easy to customize. The vegan curry soup is tasty but beware that the bread they serve on the side has cheese on it. Also, one if the girls who work there told me that the soy cheese they offer is not vegan, it has a dairy ingredient.

Return to Oceanside Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Swami's Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.