Sukkara

Contact 02-3345919

1F Sanullim Bldg, 327-9 Seogyodong Mapogu, Seoul, South Korea,

Serves meat, vegan options available. Labels the vegan and vegetarian items on the menu. Offers a vegan set meal, cashew cheese with bread, vegetarian sushi, a raw vegan dessert, organic beer and wine, coffee and tea. Produce is sourced from a local farm in Yeoido, Pajeory. Directions: Restaurant is attached to a playhouse across from Ethiopia Cafe. Walk out exit 8 Shinchon Station straight up the hill, take the left across from the big church, walk over the little bridge, and you will find Sukkara on the right side. Closed 1st, 3rd Mon of month. Open Mon 12:00am-12:00am, Tue-Sun 11:00am-12:00am, Wed-Sun 12:00am-12:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Ovo, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by haneul

Great place ! - Edit

I think it's one of the first restaurant with such a cozy atmosphere and vegan friendly that I came upon in Korea.
Food is great, especially the tofu spread that goes with the bread.

They also have a organic vegetables/fruit market every 2nd and 4th Wednesday (if I am correct, maybe it 's the 1st and 3rd). I bought some amazing vegetables there.

Pros: Atmosphere

Very Good, Definitely Going Back - Edit

Hello, I stopped into Sukkara yesterday sometime in the afternoon. First of all, it's very easy to find and definitely has a great atmosphere. The workers are friendly, especially the server I had gotten yesterday, she knew enough English for us to communicate. But, this place has great food and everything that is vegan is marked as so. They even have a separate section for their soy drinks (the chile hot chocolate is DELICIOUS).

But really, I recommend this place a lot. I'm going back again because the food was so, so good and the portions were filling, and the whole feel of the cafe is great :)

The one con I would say is the amount of items on the menu, vegan or otherwise, is a bit small. But, I think or the price and the taste, it's definitely worth it!

Pros: Good Food, Vegan Food Easy to Find, Nice Atmosphere

Cons: Limited Selection OVERALL

Where have you been all my life - Edit

I am so impressed by this place. So much effort is put into making homemade, nutritious food. There is a bar around the kitchen and service area that is great for singles to eat at. Veggie stew, bread and tofu cheese spread are so yum!

Super cute and healthy restaurant - Edit

The interior is unique and very cute. They have a couple vegan and vegetarian menu items. I got the vegan veggie platter with salad, chickpeas, stew, bread, and some tofu cheese. I split it with a friend. Taste is light and very healthy. Produce is fresh and is sourced locally. I also got the soy chai which was fantastic! Owners speak some English as well.

Pros: cute interior, healthy, local

This place should get 5 stars. - Edit

The food was excellent with fresh products and all of it was homemade! It's clearly stated which dishes are vegetarian or vegan. The interior is supernice. Best vegetarian food i had in Seoul so far.

Delicious vegan cakes! - Edit

When I went, last week, they had two amazing vegan cakes. I definitely recommend it! I did not try any food, but it looked nice. Three, or four, vegan options. Their homemade ginger ale was also fantastic and they make great coffee with soy-milk! If you are looking for a swedish "fika" (coffee and maybe something little) this is your place! :)

Shanti shanti shanti

Great interior design and healthy food. - Edit

The design of this place is definitely special, it's kind of modern japanese with a kitchen in the middle you sit around (or on other tables next to it). The selection of food is small but seems to be very healthy. It's Asian fusion cuisine. The food we ordered was good, prices are okay (not inexpensive though).

Also a cafe and bar! They have desserts and organic beer and stuff like that.

It's also offers very little meet, so I can't give 5 stars due to HappyCow regulations...

Pros: Design, Healthy

Cons: Choice not that big

One of my favorite restaurants in Seoul - Edit

Vegan dishes are marked on menu and some can be made vegan by leaving ingredients out, those dishes are also marked on the menu. Coffee available w/ soy milk, on ice coffee you'll get ice cubes made out of coffee. Friendly staff and over all great place!

Pros: Healthy, Nice atmosphere

cyrus505 18 Oct 2012 - If you like falafels, 'JACK'S BEAN' will be good I think....

Return to Seoul Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sukkara closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.