First Review by AnnalieseH

Adequate - Edit

Tofu w/peanut sauce was adequate, not even close to what I'm used to in New Jersey.

Decent - Edit

This is a good restaurant, one I visited quite a bit when I was new to the area. I don't visit anymore, though, and I think you'll understand why by the end of this review:

1. Atmosphere: It's a small restaurant, but it's cozy and fairly comfortable-- unless you get a large group of loud customers next to you. That's not the restaurant's fault, though. The servers are also VERY kind, but one of my biggest problems with this restaurant is the incredibly slow service-- particularly when it's time to get the check. The food comes out at reasonable times, but we've waited up to half an hour for our check after we've finished eating. It seems that once we finish eating, the staff members all disappear in the back! This has happened during every single visit.

2. The sushi is good, but despite the size (the rolls are a bit bigger than the ones you'll find at Awabi or Chopstick Cafe), it's overpriced. You'll pay $2 more per roll here than you'll pay at either of the previously mentioned restaurants. And it'll take longer for the rolls to come out!

3. The Thai entrees are okay, but the flavor is lacking compared to what you'll find at Thai Winchester. The tofu also isn't as dense. I do think, however, that the pad thai is better here than at Thai Winchester.

Overall, this is an okay restaurant, but I visited frequently when I first moved here only because I wanted sushi and didn't know about Awabi. It was nice to be able to get sushi AND Thai food, but Awabi does better sushi and Thai Winchester does better Thai. If you MUST have both at one meal, go to Sucilee's, but otherwise, I'd recommend the other restaurants. This is not a bad place, but it's slow and overpriced.

Return to Winchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sucilee's House of Thai closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.