Chopstick Cafe

540-450-8691

202 E Piccadilly St, Winchester, Virginia, USA, 22601

Serves meat, vegan options available. A low-scale Asian fusion restaurant and sushi bar in downtown offering Thai curries and dishes, Chinese and Japanese food, and even sandwiches. The menu states that you have a choice of "meat" with your entree, which you could ask for tofu. Nothing is veg specific but you could ask.

Categories: Ovo, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Fusion, Non-veg

First Review by AnnalieseH

Very good, great service, very accomadating to vegans - Edit

Nice interior. lacking in parking next to resturant however there is a parking garage close by. Good prices $30 total for 2 people plus appitizer. Nice wait staff to the point where they willtry to accommodate the dish to make it vegan, including taking out fish sauce. The tofu is really good, fried tofu appitizer is a must,(if you can eat peanuts).

Pros: Tell them you are vegan and they can veganize anyt

Cons: loud , very popular so there might be a wait

Disappointing - Edit

Chopstick Cafe has a lot of potential. I've visited twice, but I probably wouldn't visit again.

1. The atmosphere is awful. The place is kind of dilapidated inside, the tables are all crooked, the chairs are uncomfortable, the seating arrangements are cramped. The servers, however, are very helpful and attentive.

2. The menu is clearly labeled (GF, spicy), and you can replace any meat in an entree with tofu-- just say so! :) They also give you a scale (I think 1-10) for the spiciness level you want, which is helpful, but I ordered a 4 for my curries, and that same 4 for drunken noodles was inedibly spicy.

3. The spring rolls are good, but not great. They're pretty oily.

4. The sushi is good, and they actually provide a good amount of wasabi (whereas most places don't provide nearly enough for my wasabi-loving hubby and me). We've had the cucumber, avocado, and veggie rolls, and they were all good.

5. The panang curry is good, but a little heavy on the coconut and light on the peanuts. Likewise, the green curry is decent, but heavy on the coconut and light on the curry. The drunken noodles were so spicy that I couldn't eat my meal.

If the food were cheaper, I'd visit again, but they charge the same prices as much nicer restaurants in the area charge. The food and atmosphere are cheap takeout quality with sit-down prices.

Return to Winchester Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Chopstick Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.