Subia's Organic Cafe and Market

201-432-7639

506 Jersey Ave, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA, 07302

The food served in the cafe is all vegan suitable. The market, however, is not strictly vegan. Open Mon-Fri 8:30am-8:30pm, Sat-Sun 9:00am-7:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Juice bar, Take-out, Catering

First Review by evelinemater

update your hours - Edit

Drove 40 minutes out of our way this afternoon to eat here on our way out of the city. Checked happy cow, yelp and google before we went to make sure they were open. All three said they were. Got there, walked in and there was a couple eating and a woman and her kid. The woman with her kid (assume she is the owner) said the kitchen is closed. Seriously. Will never go out of my way to eat here again. Heading to veganized in New Brunswick who probably plays their correct hours.

they have the best sandwiches! - Edit

Highly recommended the zen garden tempeh sandwich and BBQ riblette sandwich but we always get them in wraps because it's easier to eat.

Delicous - Edit

I just had the vegan BLT with added "egg" and "cheese." YUM! it hit the spot. added a stress reliever juice as a dessert and I'm enjoying half now and saving half for later.

Pros: convenient vegan, tasty for those who miss traditional American diet

Beware - Edit

According to the staff, this restaurant uses honey in many of their dishes, especially deserts. Don't take a dish for granted, ask questions about prepared items.

Pros: vegan option/lots of vegetables, meals can be adjusted

Cons: dishes may contain honey, sells animal products, service can be overwhelming

food was okay; would try again - Edit

I liked the look of their menu, so even though I wasn't really happy with what I ordered, I'd try them a second time.

Great vegan brunch - Edit

This place is a store and a 100% vegan cafe. The store sells a lot of veg products, but also sells meat products as well. The store has a great selection from veg products, with more variety than you would find at a common grocery store, for example. I've been here a few times. The cafe has counter service and a juice bar. It offers vegan salads, sandwiches, and breakfast on the weekends. I have always found it to be a bit pricey, so I only go once in a while.

Today we went for breakfast for the first time and it was absolutely delicious. We had the banana walnut pancakes and the breakfast platter. The pancakes were great - so fluffy and flavorful. Most, if not all, of the products sold at Subia's are organic. The maple syrup was REAL, and the pancakes also came with vegan butter. There were four ample cakes that I could not finish in one sitting. The breakfast platter included toast, fake sausage, tempeh bacon, tofu scramble, home fries, and kale stir fry, I think. It was very good! The pancakes came out to $12.49 (I also had sausage with them), and the breakfast platter was $11.99. I think it was worth it!

Pros: Vegan pancakes!, Organic

Cons: A little pricey

Good Food and Cute Location - Edit

I have been to Subia's twice and I have enjoyed myself and the food both times. The first time I had the Buffalo wing sandwich and it was really good! The second time I had the lentil burger sandwich which was okay. I also enjoyed their desserts. I've had the double chocolate cake and the carrot cake.

Finally, I like that this location is both a cafe and a market because you can get something to eat and take something to go or pick up a few things all in one trip.

Pros: Quaint, Small, Nice Owners/Workers

Cons: Small, Not a large selection

Excellent Vegetarian restaurant-Subias - Edit

I cannot imagine the staff being unfriendly, they were polite, quick and friendly. Everyone has a bad day. Chill out.

Mmmm - Edit

My husband and I love Subia's. It's our veggie mecca in Jersey City. The food is good--buffalo "chicken" wings, "beef" chili, and the "chicken" nuggets are yummy, though the lentils that accompany the dinners can be a bit bland. Their tea selection is nice, and they carry some great grocery items. They also have many home-made vegan baked goods.

Pros: Yummy food, Friendly staff, Good location

Cons: Small dining space (cafe tables & bar), They also serve meat

We liked it! (Want give it 3.5 "HappyCows") - Edit

The service we had was great, though it wasn't busy. The "meat" balls in the sub had nice pieces of fresh onion & oregano in them, the sauce was tangy. The eggplant "parmagiano" was also very tasty, with just a little bit too much olive oil. Nice fresh side salad.

We were just passing through Jersey City & were surprised to stumble on it, so I can't say that we'll be going back soon. But if I lived in NJ & were vegan, I'd be happy to return.

Pros: good food, nice neighbourhood

Cons: everything should be, store shelves semi-bare

Return to Jersey City Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Subia's Organic Cafe and Market closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.