Su Xi Cafe

( 1 review )
+852-26028268

9/F Jing Long Commercial Building, 52 Tang Lung St, Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong, China

素喜館, est. 2016 at 香港銅鑼灣登龍街52號9樓. Vegan options available. Note: white wine added to some dishes which might contain animal ingredients. Also animal rennet may be used as an ingredient here. Open Mon-Sun 12:00pm-3:00pm, Mon-Fri 6:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Chinese

1 Review

First Review by Stevie

Su Xi Cafe, Hong Kong - eat here at your own risk - Edit

I've liaised with lots of restaurants in my time. The out right dishonesty of the people in this place was something else.

I spun in to ask the usual questions to try to figure out how serious they are re vegetarianism. I asked if they verified they use the following and if they do, do they verify what they use is vegetarian:-

* cheese (they said they use cheese but don't verify its vegetarian)
* booze ((they said they cook with white wine but don't verify its vegetarian)
* ice cream (they said they some times use it but don't verify it's vegetarian)

Then a person in the team tried to justify this to me by saying, "We're not a vegetarian restaurant, we're a health food restaurant." This seems totally disingenuous. As a quick example at time of writing their facebook page markets this restaurant as vegetarian. They also have Chinese language promo fliers saying vegetarian, Even in the name, "Su" can be interpreted to mean vegetarian.

I went back a second time around a month later. the owner was still totally disinterested in the idea of verifying ingredients are vegetarian.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-08

Cons: Eat here at your own risk, Ingredients not verified vegetarian, Dis-honest management

Return to Hong Kong Island Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Su Xi Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.