Strandgut

+49-3502292230

Schmilka 11, Bad Schandau, Germany, 01814

Serves meat, vegan options available. Hotel restaurant offering regional cuisine prepared with certified organic ingredients. Grown its own vegetables and herbs.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Organic, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, German, Non-veg

First Review by kuni

Bio Hotel with vegan options - Edit

We went there after a nice bike ride from Dresden to the Czech boarder.
They had a vegan soup, three vegan main dishes and vegan sorbet for dessert on the menu. They also serve Lammsbrau Dunkle Weiße which is our favorite non-alcoholic beer.

We shared a soup, and both had a different main dish. The sorbet we choose as dessert was Apfel-Sanddorn, it was very tasty.

Compared to Berlin where we used to live I would say it is rather expensive but I find all the restaurants that have vegan options in the area of Dresden and surrounding seems to be like that.

Pros: beautiful outside seating, easy to find, various main dish choices

Cons: reservations needed, especially in the winter, just one vegan dessert

Quiet and Scenic - Edit

Located at the German-Czech border on the banks of the Elbe River. A few well identified Vegan options on the menu including Desert. Great outdoor seating along the river path. Accessible from S-Bahn from Dresden stops across the river from the town and a short ferry ride or along the Elbeweg bike path. (I biked from Dresden 60km up the river path.)

Pros: scenic, chill, friendly staff

Cons: few vegan options

Hidden Gem! - Edit

We went to the Toskana Therme for the afternoon for my birthday, and then headed here after to try it out. Everything was really delicious and filling. They had two soups, one was vegan, so we ordered that. It was a tomato and eggplant creme with pesto and croutons. Then I ordered a cabbage roll filled with wild mushrooms, celery root/potato mash, and a red wine sauce. Not sure if any of the desserts were vegan because I was too stuffed to even see what they had. The restaurant overlooks the Elbe, so we went for a walk along the river path, which can be directly accessed from the restaurant. It has been snowing the past week, so everything looked very beautiful in the late evening. I can't wait to cycle back here in the summer from Dresden, as you can sit right outside by the river. You have to look for Hotel Helvetia when driving by, because there's no sign for the restaurant. The service was also really good!

Pros: Vegan options!!, Organic

calm and relaxing - Edit

A bio-hotel and restaurant where you wouldn't expect it, at the end of the world in a small village right next to the Czech-German border.

The atmosphere is very calming, with lots of light coming in during the day and a nice view to the river. The place looks a bit fancy and the food isn't so cheap, but it's not unwelcoming and prices are worth it.

We were there on thursday, which turned out was their completely vegetarian day. The menu still contained dishes with meat but it wasn't possible to order them. Good!

The food was very creative and tasty. Not the normal vegan dishes, but lesser known vegetables and creative combinations. I had a soy-millet steak with tomato-lemon sauce which tasted delicious.

Definitely recommended if you're in the area!

Pros: one day a week completely veggie, tasty food

Cons: bit expensive

Return to Bad Schandau Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Strandgut closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.