Sticky Rice

Contact 443-682-8243

1634 Aliceanna St, Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21231

Serves meat, vegan options available. Offers a mix of American and Pan-Asian entrees. Lots choices for vegetarians marked, including vegan sushi with spicy mayo.

Category: American, Chinese, Japanese, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by NIBsmf

Tots, sushi and stir-fry - Edit

What is not to like about this delicious Pan-Asian Americanized take on sushi, sautéed veggies and tofu? Well, let's think about it... There is a lot of deep fried stuff, and it's vegan- tater tots, tofu, tempura veggies... Then there's a bunch of vegan cream cheese in the sushi rolls. There is also mock chicken and white rice galore.

Once you are over that... You will be fabulously happy with the fun sushi choices like the Santa Fe sweet potato tempura sushi, the Hot Hippy, the Garden Balls and the Avocado Tempura. Other awesome entrees are noodle and rice bowls with delicious peanut, sesame, miso and curry sauces. I want to go back now! So good!

They also have some salads that are also quite good. Great choice for your meal: start with some sushi, soup or salad, add sweet potato vegan toys with vegan sauce... And then go from there! Sharing is caring!

Pros: Vegan sweet potato tots, Vegan sushi, Portions

Cons: Not all veg, Not very healthy

Going back for more - Edit

I was visiting Baltimore with my sister in law and I searched HappyCow to find a place to eat. I went looking for Liquid Earth but it was closed and Sticky Rice is a few doors down. Lucky me! It was awesome! We went for lunch and both loved the food and atmosphere. I just planned another trip back to Baltimore with my family and look forward to taking them to Sticky Rice.

Pros: Cool decor, Great food, Friendly Staff, Good Selection

Fantastic Place! - Edit

I was on holiday in Baltimore and checked this place out. Wow! So many options to chose from! The Sushi Chef even made me his own creation of a roll. Delish! I actually went back here twice. This place is very hip and the music is great! If you are in town-check it out.

Pros: Great food, Great atmosphere, Friendly staff

Great for vegans! - Edit

I love this place! They have delicious vegan options. I've tried almost all of the vegan options on the menu (which are clearly marked) and I have no complaints. Several vegetarian options can be made vegan as well!
Make sure to ask for the spicy VEGAN mayo they have!
Good place to go for football fans that want veggie options :)

Pros: vegan friendly, football friendly for Veg*ns

Cons: a bit slow, parking on weekeends

Great food, great selection - Edit

The food here is great. Temporah mushrooms, Moc chicken and Dirty vegan were our favorites. Many veg options, good music, and a nice beer selection. Service was a bit slow on the kitchen end.

Pros: fantastic food, great atmosphere, good beers

Cons: slow kitchen

SO. GOOD. - Edit

I went to Sticky Rice before reading reviews on Happy Cow. I had an entirely different experience. Maybe I got a different guy? He recommended the Hot Hippy and Dirtt South rolls. Both were superb and I am definitely going back to try EVERYTHING. I'm especially excited, because I just moved from Portland, OR and finding vegan food in Baltimore is more of a challenge.
Updated from previous review on Monday December 26, 2011

Pros: Delicious, Reasonably Priced, Clearly Marked Vegan Items

Lots of Options - Edit

I like this place. The staff was friendly. They have plenty of vegan options on the menu without excluding your omnivore friends. I ordered the terriyaki veggies w/vermicelli noodles and had the spring rolls on the side. Both were excellent choices. If you're lucky, you may be able to park really close (street parking isn't really an issue unless you go during date night). If the prices were a bit lower, I could see myself returning here - often.

Pros: large portions, many options, nice location

Cons: depending on day and time/parking

Awesome kitschy place in Fells Point - Edit

Pros: Easy place to eat with vegans, vegetarians, and omnis; Serves alcohol; decent location; Great (!!!!!) food; good prices; tots.

Cons: The only con I can see is that if the place is busy, the wait staff might get overwhelmed. However, during my only (so far) trip the trainee waitress did an outstanding job. The manager asked us questions about our services and gave us a small discount on our bill.

good vegan menu - Edit

good selection: noodles with tofu, tofu garden wrap, noodles with teriyaki veggies. I order deep fried veggies balls- only two for $7.50 but nicely spiced and a little sticky. Plus a draft beer $4.50. The bar tender said $12.50 so I figured he added a dollar for himself. He took my fifteen dollars down the bar and returned with the beer but no change. I didnt see him stop at the register. One half hour later, I asked for the veggie balls. He walked back to the kitchen and returned right away with the appetizer so I figured they were prior prepared and he forgot the whole thing. [edit by staff]. Watch the bartenders in here.

Pros: interesting customers, decent menu

Cons: too barroom, staff, beer prices

Great Veg*n Options - Edit

Food: Vegetarian and vegan options are clearly marked. Upon my first visit, I tried the Dirty Vegan (your choice of noodles with tofu and veggies in a coconut peanut sauce). The bartender recommended I try the dish with the mock chicken, and boy am I glad he recommended that, as it was delicious! Upon my second visit, I tried the Szechuan mock chicken (with veggies over your choice of noodles) and an appetizer of sweet potato tater tots. Although the entree was a bit spicey for my likings (I am a wuss when it comes to spiceyness, though), it was still very tasty. The sweet potato tater tots were amazing! (Too bad they were a special). Portions are rather large, so you get a lot for your money. Both times I went to Sticky Rice, I brought friends, and all of my friends shared my enthusiasm for the food.

Atmosphere: A cute, fun, very Baltimore kind of place.

Service: while the staff have been very friendly and helpful both times, the service seems to be a bit slow. However, the service seemed a lot faster when I sat at the bar (you can get food at the bar).

Overall, I really like Sticky Rice and will be frequenting it from now on when I'm in the Fells Point area!

Pros: Great veg*n options (clearly marked), Big portions at reasonable prices, Pleasant atmosphere and staff

Cons: Service can be slow at times

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sticky Rice closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2231 times since Jul 2011.