Liquid Earth

Contact 410-276-6606

1626 Aliceanna St (at Fell Point area), Baltimore, Maryland, USA, 21231

Veggie cafe serving healthy food. Marinated tofu, assorted veggie sandwiches, tofu salad, soup of the day, hummus plate, fresh juices, smoothies, vegan desserts, raw food, and more.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, American, Juice bar

First Review by damion wolfe

liquid gold - Edit

I cannot recommend this place enough. Excellent food choices, all vegetarian and everything can be made vegan by just substituting the cheese. They have so many juices and smoothies and even raw options. The food was amazing and so was the service, everyone was so nice. If you're in the Baltimore inner harbor area this is definitely the place to go!

Pros: All vegan-friendly , Good atmosphere

Veganizable Menu with Raw Flair - Edit

Who knew that this under the radar restaurant near a popular pan-Asian eatery was so delicious? When you walk by, the exterior is not too welcoming and does not shine brightly on the interior diners happily enjoying the vittles and libations. However, when you walk in, you will see everyone there is enjoying the meal with company or without.

What a gem! Why haven't I been here? Probably because the menu is focused on sandwiches and juices, which, for me, is usually more of the "been there done that" scenario... but this place is different. The juice menu is huge. Then there's a smoothie menu, and they separate the raw smoothies. The juices are delicious, and so are the smoothies. You will feel happier with each sip.

The sandwiches and food (beverages, too) are all made to order, so be patient. The people eating here tended to order a sandwich with juice and sometimes a salad. Everything looked beautiful and amazing. The whole place smells of sandwiches, yum! The bread looked incredible- rich, hearty, satisfying vegan bread. All sandwiches can be veganized if you just change out the cheese for vegan cheese.

I loved the smoothie and juice menu so much, I would be back just for that. However, the raw items and appetizers are also quite impressive. Their take on salads is fresh with a beautiful plate presentation. The raw food is not too heavy, and really, is awesome - go for the tacos and a salad, you'll be very happy.

Loved this place. I just wish the raw items were a bit less pricy. The food is so good, though, so I don't care!

Pros: Raw food, Smoothies, Juices

Cons: Gluten free not labeled, Menu too large and tempting

BEST - Edit

This is where I take folks for special occasions or from out of town. The food is unbeatable, unique, fresh. The staff is so friendly. I always get the Club Sandwhich, it is SOOO GOOOD. Also the mac n chs side is very good. Usually fresh cookies too. Cannot go wrong. Have a million sandwhiches, juices, smoothies, etc. LOVE.

Pros: Amazing food, Friendly Staff, Fresh

Cons: a TAD pricey

A Baltimore classic - Edit

Liquid Earth comes from the old school of vegetarian restaurants. Quirky and loath to progress too fast with the times, it quietly lumbers on, confident in its solid menu and restful dining atmosphere. For years it wasn't even open for dinner nor, as I recall, open at all on Sundays (and maybe even Saturdays?). They also didn't accept credit cards until quite a number of years into the 21st century. They finally grudgingly began accepting plastic, opened on Sundays, and extended their daily hours to 7 PM (which probably still fails to satisfy most of Baltimore's dining public, at least 75% of whom don't even remotely consider eating out until 7). Personally I don't care, since I always like to eat an early dinner, though I'm still more likely to have lunch rather than dinner here.

I used to eat here more often but the longer I live in the city the less reason I find to visit Fells Point. Still, I always have a pleasant experience whenever I do find myself here. Around the time that they extended their hours, they added a raw section to the menu, which has some really good items on it. Expensive, but good. In general I've always thought the prices here are on the high side, but the food is of equally high quality so it really is worth it.

Some of my favorites include the Reuben (or Reuben Royale if really hungry), the Sacred Submarine, and the Raw Spinach Avocado salad. And of course you cannot come here and not get something to drink. The fresh juices and smoothies are among the best in the city. My go-to drink favorites are the Phat Beet juice or the Agent Orange smoothie. They also offer various superfood shots, which are popular--every time I'm here I usually see at least a few people pop in just for a shot of wheatgrass. They also offer various coffee drinks and teas. And don't forget to get one of their fresh baked desserts. They are always worth it. I once traded one of the owners a copy of my zine for the last piece of chocolate cake in the bakery case!

Everything is vegetarian and many things can be made vegan. This is all explained very clearly in the menu and staff are well-versed in the differences.

The interior of the restaurant is beautiful, with handmade wooden furniture, a long wooden bar, and plants everywhere. It's a family-run place and the owners are both friendly and engaging people. While the service is not always top speed, it's forgivable due to the welcoming and soothing atmosphere.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, peaceful vibe

Cons: service can be slow, closes earlyish

Fantastic food, great atmosphere, wonderful people - Edit

The title says it all - I have eaten at Liquid Earth many times and have never been disappointed. Good food takes time to make, so be prepared, but the wait is worth it. I especially enjoyed the vegan Cheese-steak.

Pros: Yummy food, Nice atmosphere, Nice People

Cons: Not the easiest to find

What a gem! - Edit

In Baltimore for a wedding, found this on Happy Cow. Sounded like just a juice bar, but OH MY NO! What sensational sandwiches, including a most exceptional reuben, that they happily veganize with vegan cheese. Pulled "pork" tofu sandwich also the bomb, as are, yes, the yummy veggie juices (stress reliever was delicious, even though I wasn't stressed).

Pros: Excellent food--will veganize all, Great, charming spot

Ginger Zinger - Edit

I enjoyed my Ginger Zinger very much! I also had the raw vegetable wrap. I felt it needed a little more spicy kick to make it outstanding, but it was still quite tasty. Friendly staff. It's obviously a neighborhood favorite because I got the last available table in the place at 2:00 pm on a Saturday. I'll be back!

Pros: Fresh food prepared with care

Cons: Saturday street parking. Dislike!

oh thank heaven!!!! - Edit

Ok so I just finish a 40 days on The Master Cleanser and I've gone veg but first I have to slowly bring food back into my life so when I was rudely awoken in told I had to take my grandma to the doctors two hours away and I didn't have like to juice anything before I went I was a little a upset thinking great I'm stuck with water all day unless I find a whole foods or juice bar cause lets just put it simply solid food just are not happening right now so when waiting for grams to finish with prepping blood work I'm on YouTube looking up juice recipes and low and behold mayim bialik is talking about the iPhone app called happy cow $2.99 sure not like I'm doing anything else right now download and bang veg juice bar 2 miles from the hospital Liquid Earth true to its name and the facelift is the bomb just saying looks like I'm taking grams to all her doctor appt from now on can't wait to try the food everybody else seemed to be enjoy it

Pros: facelift just heaven I had two

Cons: so far from home locals are so lucky

Incredible Vegan Options! - Edit

Liquid Earth was such a great little find in Downtown Baltimore. We were on a very short trip in the area and went to Liquid Earth twice we loved it so much.

They offer tons of vegan options and if something is not exclusively labeled as vegan, note that it can be easily veganized. They have lots of vegan cheeses and vegan sauces. We got the TLT (tempeh version of a BLT) and the Not Ham Sandwich (surprisingly large portions). Both incredible. The tofu is sliced so thin and cooked to perfection.. The vegan horseradish sauce is out of this world. They also make a great vegan pasta salad. The coffee is pretty good and we had an outstanding housemade soda and smoothie. Loved all the different fresh pressed juice options. Their cookies are really good and fresh too!

The atmosphere is lovely. Such a unique, quiet, and inviting place to eat with great music. The staff was so nice and inviting each time.. We loved our server. If you are vegetarian or vegan and anywhere near Baltimore, stopping by Liquid Earth is a MUST.

Pros: Vegan and vegetarian only, Great food, Lovely atmosphere and staff

Cons: Just a little pricey, Could use more vegan desserts, Could use more options for sides

Great food, not so friendly owner - Edit

I've been coming here for 10 years. Not many juice bars to choose from in Baltimore. The juices are great and the food is great; lots of vegan and raw options. Try the "lemonade" or the smoothies with coffee incorporated (Oxymoron). The owner, he is not the friendliest...but I keep coming back.

Just Don't Get the Muffuletta - Edit

This was really disappointing for me. I am a vegan, living in the south, and the first thing I always do when traveling is search for vegan restaurants. I went to Liquid Earth with my [non-vegan] mom, sister and two nieces. We had the guacamole as an appetizer which was good (not $10 good, but good). My nieces split a veggie burger which was huge - they loved it! My mom had a smoothie and my sister had a sandwich. I got the "muffuletta". I put it in quotes because only about 10% of this sandwich could be classified as a muffuletta. The chef seriously needs to take a trip down to LA and find out how to make a true vegan muffuletta. Or, pick up a copy of Vegan with a Vengeance, there's a recipe in there that will help. I took TWO bites of my sandwich and couldn't bring myself to eat anymore. When the server came to clear the table, she asked if I wanted it wrapped up. I said, "no". Nothing else was said, she just took it away. Not very professional.
$55 later, my non-vegan family had a nice lunch...I was still hungry.
I'll search for another vegan restaurant next time I'm in Baltimore.

Tasty!!! - Edit

My son and I went to Liquid Earth for lunch on Sunday. We shared a beet smoothie to start, which was amazing. Just the right balance of zest from the ginger and sweet from the beets.

I had their tofu miso soup and vegan potato salad. I'm glad I opted for the cup, not the bowl of soup, as it was bland, just a red miso broth with some tofu and scallions floating in it. The potato salad, however, was absolutely delicious, creamy, tangy and filled with red potatoes, celery and carrots.

My son had their Reuben with Jarlsberg cheese, and loved it. I tried a bite of the "corned beef", and it was great. However, it could have had a few more slices of "beef", and more Thousand Island Dressing. It was a bit dry.

Pros: All veg and vegan food , Great smoothies

Awesome! - Edit

This place is great! I really should go more. The food is amaazing and their selection of juices and smoothies is out of control (in a good way). I will have to say that the Ginger-Roo is probably the best coffee drink I have ever had. I have been putting ginger in my coffee ever since I first tried it! I tried a few sandwiches and all have been delicious. Very interesting menu (also in a good way).

Pros: Large selection of yummy food, Good Energy

Cons: A little bit pricey (comes with quality)

Great Smoothies! - Edit

Love to visit Liquid Earth when visitng Baltimore! I must recommend to be patient with service. They make things to order and all staff seem to be involved with food prep and waiting tables. I mention this because it did take time to get menus and saw another couple leave because of this. My wife usually likes the vege/vegan options and the smoothies. I have had the raw zucchini spaghetti, raw taco and the raw spinach avocado salad (waiter's favorite) and loved them all. The smoothies are phenominal, especially the rawmond joy. Highly recommend!!!

Pros: Great raw choices, Great smoothies, Love the atmosphere

Cons: Slow service

Loved it! - Edit

It was a cold and windy day in Baltimore. I talked my omni bf into taking me to Liquid Earth while I was visiting Baltimore in February. We found parking nearby and walked the short distance to the restaurant. It was nice to be greeted warmly and immediately offered the soups of the day by what I later determined to be the owner. It was just what we needed. We ordered the carrot ginger soup. It was declicious and that bread that came with it was hearty and tasty as well. We ordered the Philly cheesesteak and the reuben to share. Both were very good and we had plenty left for another meal later. I liked the unusual way the tofu was prepared and used in these sandwiches...very thin. Never saw that before and believe me, I have seen a lot. I would definitely return. I don't think I ever have much of anything bad to say about a vegan or vegetarian restaurant because we need as many of them as possible.

Pros: Location, Options, character

Wonderful food, atmosphere, and staff! - Edit

This was our second visit to Liquid Earth, and it was once again amazing! The food was wonderful and the people there are great. Our waitress actually remembered our bunch from 2 years ago. The pulled bbq sandwich is divine. We also had the Philly cheese-fake and a vegan reuben. Sooooo good! Definitely don't miss this wonderful place!

Pros: Amazing food!, Wonderful service, Groovy atmosphere

Cons: A little pricey

great juice place - Edit

Obviously the juices are the main attractions here. I had the earth burger, very tasty and served on a bed of salad. Vegan options were plentiful, but there is an up charge to veganize the non vegan items. I did not find service to be slow at all, compared to other vegan places.

Pros: delicious, fresh, nice selection

Cons: not cheap, upcharge for vegan cheese, limited hours

Okay... - Edit

This place is small, but nice. The do a lot of fresh juicing, which I love. The service was a bit slow, but everyone was friendly. I ordered the TLT sandwich. I also ordered rice and beans for later that night. The sandwich was very dry. The rice and beans were alright - not spectacular. I like this place and do plan on returning, but will order something different.

Pros: good prices, fresh juicing, friendly staff

Cons: slow service

yum, yum - Edit

My bf and I had the reuben, macaroni pasta salad and "chick'n" salad sandwich. AWESOME! Our server was very cool/friendly/conversational. He said the Philly was one of their best sandwiches, so I'm eager to go back!
Updated from previous review on Monday September 12, 2011

I went back 2 times recently and had the Philly Cheesefake, the Rawmond Joy smoothie, BBQ sandwich and Picnic. ALL were good. My absolute favorite thing from LE is the Rawmond Joy, but everything is worth trying. My recommendation: go with someone and split 2 things. The dishes are super flavorful and I think a 1/2 sandwich tastes better than a whole.

Pros: great food, great service, cool place

Absolutely the best!! - Edit

I've been going here for years and would consider it the only thing I would miss if I moved out of Baltimore. The staff is very cool and the food is tremendous. They make chai from scratch and the rueben is out of this world! Because the staff and the kitchen is small the food service tends to be slow. So either practice patience for this fabulous food or try to go before or after the peak meal hours. You will not regret going to Liquid Earth!!

Pros: Excellent food, friendly staff

Cons: semi slow service

Pleasant Place - Edit

I waited about 2 years to eat at Liquid Earth merely because they close at 7pm and I tend only to be in the Fells Point area later than that when socializing. I was very excited to finally be in the area earlier and get to try Liquid Earth! I was not disappointed in the food, though I was sort of disappointed that there were not more vegan options and that to make items vegan there was a somewhat big cost for vegan cheese (something like $2.50, I think). I got the vegan Reuben, and it was fantastic. I had vegan potato salad with it, which was also fantastic. I had a strawberry smoothy that was delicious (but not unlike any other smoothie, really). The smoothies are priced at an average price. The food seems a bit on the steep side, though not so much more so than other veg/vegan restaurants.

The atmosphere is quaint and charming.

The staff was friendly. Service was super slow, but it was sort of crowded and there were only 3 workers. Also, the kitchen area is super small, and it looks like only one sandwich can be in the oven at a time, hence why the food took so long (nearly an hour for my Reuben!). Because of this experience with the slow service, I have it in mind not to go to Liquid Earth if I'm in a hurry. But this was my only complaint about my experience there.

Pros: Great veg/vegan options, Reasonable prices, Charming atmosphere

Cons: Slow service, Some items are pricey

Huge menu - Edit

Liquid Earth is a nice restaurant in the pleasant Fell's Point area. It has a huge menu of sandwiches, raw food dishes, and fresh juices - you will definitely find something that you like here. A large number of the dishes (particularly the sandwiches) contain cheese, but all can be made vegan by substituting dairy cheese for a vegan alternative (same goes for mayonnaise).

Well worth a visit.

Pros: huge range of dishes, healthy cuisine, nice location

Delish! - Edit

I loved this place! Wonderful food, great atmosphere and service! I highly recommend and I'll be coming here on each business trip from this point forward. I had the soup/salad combo and the soup of the day was amazing. Added the tofu salad to my garden salad. Fantastic!

Pros: great food , wonderful service, fair price for the selection

Nice Place, Great Menu - Edit

I had lunch today at Liquid Earth and overall thought the place was very nice. They have a good selection of vegetarian/vegan sandwiches, raw dishes, smoothies/shakes, fresh juices, etc. The atmosphere and location were nice as well.
My fiance got a delicious veggie burger, and I had the raw pizza, which was good albeit expensive (~ $14). The smoothies were kind of expensive as well and not super flavorful (we had a vegan strawberry smoothie and a vegan peanut butter berry smoothie), but all in all we had a very pleasant experience. I would definitely go here again.

Pros: Cool atmosphere, Good food selection, friendly staff

Cons: No vegan choc. syrup for shakes

The more things change - Edit

I lived in Baltimore from 1998-2002, and Liquid Earth was my one haven. The food was always spot on, Staff was always very friendly, though I swear I remember Mike shouting at the top of his lungs one day because someone left without tipping...And the Sandwiches were worth the 20 minute walk from my Office downtown to Fells. Reading some of the other reviews here, it's good to see that things haven't really changed.

Pros: Food, Service, did I mention Food?

Fabulous - Edit

Wonderful food and relaxed, but comfortable dining. I loved the vegan ruben and the other sandwiches are also enticing. They have vegan desserts, raw food, blended drinks. They are open for dinner now (they used to close earlier). I love this place and don't get here often enough.

Pros: vegan food

Cons: too many options!

YUMI - Edit

Walking through Fells Point starving for raw, vegan food. Told about Liquid Earth. Awesome, fresh food, great service, and very, very helpful staff. Being Gluten free also, I was not only accommodated with great tasting food, but also helped the ole digestive system.
Can't wait to go back! And to top it all off I got a great T-shirt!
Love Liquid Earth!

mmmmm juice - Edit

this was my favorite spot when i lived in b-more!! i came here all the time, the juice combinations are delicious, inventive, & have great names. everything on the menu is delicious, and everything in the place is so fresh and delicious. ooooooooo and be sure to look at the bar. it is beautiful & they made it!!

Pros: fresh, delicious, good atmosphere

Cons: makes me miss b-more

Not "cash only" anymore - Edit

Correction/update to one of the previous reviews: I visited two days ago and was able to pay by credit card.

Beyond that: It's a nice place. The smoothie names and combinations sound weird, but the ones I've tried taste good. The soups and sandwiches are good, too. The mock corned beef on the reuben was excellent. The soup of the day - a hearty tomato-based vegetable bean soup - was assembled by someone who clearly knew what she or he was doing. There's plenty for vegans to choose from. If I had to come up with a complaint, it's that the funky, bohemian atmosphere might lull you into thinking that the prices are going to be ultra-cheap, when they're really not, so much. (I spent $34 on lunch for two people, and we didn't have an enormous amount of food.) In particular, a $1.50 supplement to substitute vegan cheese for dairy cheese seems a bit steep. Can that be reflective of their actual costs? I am not sure that it can.

Pros: Good food, Good smoothies, Nice atmosphere

Cons: Charge for vegan cheese

Great Food, Great Service - Edit

Stopped by here on a recent trip to DC. My sister and I loved everything we ordered (hummus, sandwiches, drinks, and desserts) and couldn't resist stopping by on the return trip for some more sweets. The service was great, the people were extremely friendly and the atmosphere was awesome. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone, veg or not.

Pros: fair prices, friendly staff

Great food - Edit

I loved the atmosphere and location of this restaurant. It fits perfectly with the old part of town in Fells Point. Our service was friendly, but slow on a whole (it seemed like they had only two people working five or six tables). The food, which falls on the sandwich side, was wonderful; my BLT was crispy, fresh and light and my friend's tofu reuben was also good. Our drinks were tasty, especially my apple-lemonade. Prices are low, with most of the menu under $10. My only gripes would be lack of parking in the area and that they're cash-only.

Pros: Quality food, Low prices

Cons: Cash-only, Limited parking, Slow service

Outstanding! - Edit

What a wonderful find! Great (and I DO mean GREAT) food, reasonable prices. Not a fancy place, but well worth the trip. If only there was something like this near me! Best veg eats in Baltimore! Absolutely LOVED it! (Visited 4/9/08)

Pros: Excellent food, healthy cuisine, good value

Great atmosphere, great food, great people! - Edit

This place has really terrific, healthful vegetarian and vegan sandwiches, salads, juices, and smoothies. My vegan boyfriend and I went here for the first time today--we shared a generous bowl of the soup du jour (butternut squash chilli), followed by the Portabello sandwich and Tofu Salad, and rounded out our meal with the Liquid Earth Shake and the Hippy Lippy Smoothie--there wasn't one part we didn't love! The vegan chocolate cake was a little bit dry, but I was glad to see such a selection of vegan desserts. We will definitely be back!

Pros: LOTS OF VEGAN OPTIONS!, Healthful tasting, Friendly staff

Cons: Cash Only! (We had to run to the ATM!)

Veg*an or Not, this place is A+ - Edit

What more can I say that the 13 other reviews before mine have not? It's just THAT good! You kind of wish there was a national chain of places like this.

Pros: everything

Cons: nothing,, well, maybe parking

Wonderful Restaurant! - Edit

My husband and I love that we have found such a wonderful place to eat! The food and juices are all made to order and are absolutely delicious! We'd eat here every day if we could!

Pros: Great Food, Wonderful Portions, Nice Staff

No Better - Edit

This is the best Veg Cafe that I've ever been to, and I'm not even a vegetarian! Mike and Antonette's innovative designs on meals is mouth-watering, and just as savory as any meat dish I've ever had. It's also a great place to hang if you're out with some friends or just playing loner for a day. In fact, I'm going there this afternoon!

Return to Baltimore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Liquid Earth closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 9373 times since Aug 2007.