Stereo

Contact 0141-222-2254

20-28 Renfield Lane (at Renfield St), Glasgow, Scotland, G2 6PH

Vegan cafe, bar, and live music venue. Light food menu, informal setup, and very busy at weekends and evenings. Open Mon-Thu 12:00am-12:00am, Mon-Sun 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-3:00am.

Category: Vegan, International, Beer/Wine

First Review by hack_man

Great food and space! - Edit

I can't believe I haven't reviewed this venue before as I come here pretty regularly! Although Mono is very much my favourite vegan venue in Glasgow, I really like Stereo for a bunch of reasons: it's conveniently close to both Glasgow Central and Queen Street stations; they offer delicious all-vegan food; they have a great music and events venue downstairs; and the atmosphere and staff are both brilliant. I've come here for food, film showings and gigs and I've always had a great time. Highly recommended; I'll certainly be coming back, not least for some of their very tasty pizzas!

Pros: Great vegan food, Good venue with lots going on

good choices - Edit

great cafe/bar. would be god for a drink if you don't want to eat, it is hidden away, but that half the charm of stereo.
plenty of choice and nice and busy. was let down by some bad service, and although polite, need to get more organised.
Had a new tonight which was really good, the falafel was a wee bit disappointing but everything else was tip top. Really busy and considering that the service was pretty good.

Updated from previous review on 2013-07-16

Pros: staff, atmosphere, Good variety

Best ice cream ever - Edit

I loved the ice cream, i couldn't believe it was vegan. all food was very good too. Staff not the friendliest but good vibe.

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-27

Pros: Ice cream

Cons: none

All vegan with great variety - Edit

It's a tough call as Glasgow is so good for vegan food but Stereo probably has my favourite menu. The buffalo cauliflower, cashew cheese sauce, and chips are among my favourites, they almost always have a special dessert that's amazing (a cheesecake of generous portion or a cookie sandwich), and service is usually pretty quick and better than it has been in the past. I would definitely advise booking as - fortunate for them but unfortunate for hungry vegans - of an evening it's often full of people drinking wine and beer, probably non-vegans not realising (nor caring) what wonderful pizzas, desserts, and tapas dishes are available for dining needs. Go vegan already if you're going to stop me getting a seat! There are meat places out there for you! (Rant)

Updated from previous review on 2016-11-15

Pros: Great menu -hard to choose!, Soup & sandwich deal, Amazing desserts

Cons: Interior a bit dull, not very cosy, When bands are on downstairs the floor vibrates, I echo bring back haggis fritters

Great for lunch - Edit

A lovely cafe and right in the City centre. Food was excellant and reasonably priced. Good beer and wine. Nothing to fault and highly recommended.

Pros: Food and drink was excellant value for money., Nice chilled vibe. Busy but not chaotic.

Wonderful Staff - Edit

All vegan menu of comfort food. Haggis, bean quesadillas, brownies with ice cream, French fries, cookies, salads, ALL really tasty !!! I wasn't a fan of the hummus (too bland for me) not of the tomato gnocchi sauce (the sausage in it wasn't very tasty).

Pros: great variety and nice desserts

Cons: not "the" place for hummus ;)

Amazing - Great Food. - Edit

Great food - I ordered the nachos with haggis bits and it was fantastic, came in a massive portion. The cashew cheese was extremely tasty, all very affordable too.

Pros: Massive Portions, Great Laid Back Atmosphere, Gender Neutral Bathrooms

Great selection - Edit

Vegan, laid back, indie style bar/restaurant for informal dining. They wide selection of food on offer, with daily specials and the menu changes often.

I will second a previous posters recommendation of the tempeh "TLT" sandwich (tempeh instead of bacon). Delicious (huge!) sandwich. The buffalo cauliflower on the tapas menu is also highly recommended.

Pros: vegan, big portions, good value

Cons: bring back the haggis fritters

Lovely - Edit

The atmosphere in here was really nice, staff were completely lovely and the person behind the bar offered to make iced tea as they did not have bottles. The food was really good and it's also very close to Glasgow Central which is really handy for the non-drivers! Very reasonably priced aswell! Will definitely go again and again!

Favorite place in Glasgow - Edit

Stereo is somewhere between a restaurant and a pub, it can be noisy but the food is great, very creative.
The staff is friendly and helpful and the atmosphere is unique.
We are sure to go there at least once every time we are in Glasgow.

Pros: Great food, Friendly and attentive staff, Cool atmosphere

Cons: Can be noisy on a Friday night

OK food if you're not in a hurry - Edit

Dark and grotty atmosphere with wobbly, uncomfortable furniture. Music is sometimes too loud, even at lunchtime.

The mains and tapas are usually fairly decent. The sandwiches are good. When the soup of the day is tomato-based it is always too spicy.

The desserts are consistently terrible. One of yesterday's specials was a "pecan, walnut and maple crumble with vanilla ice cream and chocolate orange sauce", which sounded promising. The crumble itself seemed like an afterthought, because there was very little of it. The "sauce" was a lump so dense I couldn't put my spoon through it but had to scrape at it. I tend to get a dessert about twice a year, and to my disappointment they're always still awful.

There is a high staff turnover and service is often poor. Sometimes I've waited 15 minutes for someone to take my order, even when the place wasn't busy. I never bother paying at the table because it takes ages to get the bill and pay. Going up to the bar to settle the bill is much faster. I have often struggled to fit a meal into a one-hour lunch break despite working only 3 minutes away.

Best buy: The tempeh sandwich (TLT).

Pros: Mains and sandwiches

Cons: Service

yummy and friendly! - Edit

Awesome pub grub in a laid back venue. The polenta chips are divine! I also had the haggis wrap which was yummy. Cheap tapas on Mondays. Good wine. Go there!!

Pros: yummy, big portions, friendly staff

Love it! - Edit

Really tasty food, massive portions, good deals (5 tapas for £12 on Mondays is an incredible value for money, sooo goooood too). Always busy which is great, nice and cosy atmosphere.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, good value, handy location.

Cons: Quite expensive drinks.

Incredible food- unbelievable - Edit

The food here is so nice and more like a healthy spin on junk food. I had the burger which was delicious and so many flavours! For pudding I had the brownie with ice cream which was so good my non-vegan friend couldn't believe it wasn't dairy or eggs! Friendly service and cheap for the big portions you get. We went on a Friday night and so the only criticism id have is that it was too noisy, owing to it being a bar also. Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: All vegan, Tasty, Vegan puddings available

Cons: Too noisy

MORE OF THIS PLEASE! - Edit

This place was awesome, a normal Pub with normal (great!) pub atmosphere. It's for everyone, no matter if vegan or not. Why can't we have more of this around? I do hope this is what the future looks like! The food was great too, I'd probably go here every weekend if I could!

Pros: Normal place, no weird hippy stuff, great atmosphere, good food

Cons: NONE

My favourite vegan place in Glasgow - Edit

I eat hear all the time! The food is always fantastic with good specials and a nice atmosphere. 5 tapas for £15 on a Monday is a great deal. My favorite things on the menue are the TLT, the haggis pizza and the nachos.

Pros: Vegan, Gender neutral bathrooms, Good specials

Cons: Occasionally slow service when it's busy

The Best - Edit

This is my fav vegan place, the garlic mushroom and pesto pizza is the best pizza i've ever ate in my whole entire life including back when I was a vegetarian. The chips are amazing too. Everything I've sampled from this restaurant was really good and the staff are really nice too.

Pros: The Garlic Mushrooms, The Chips, The selection of options

Cons: The olives lol

Great atmosphere, really good food. - Edit

Had a wrap with vegan Haggis (!) and a burger here. Both so tasty that I completely over-ate ;) The 78, Stereo, Mono, the Old Hairdressers and the Flying Duck are all owned by The same people and are all well worth the visit.

Really Nice place - Edit

We actually went to all five Vegan Restaurants/bars in Glascow in a span of 2-3 days while we were on our honeymoon.

We loved this place, it topped the list we went too. We came here twice I think it was. We had the Quesadilla, tomato soup and bread, delicious orange sponge cake with chocolate and orange cream frosting, and another cake I forgot the type.

Pros: Vegan Baby!, Great options

Cons: In an ally

Magnificent - Edit

This place is a little hard to find (down a spectacularly unappealing alley) but don't let the pub atmosphere fool you; it offers outrageously good food in very large portions! The haggis kofta was great and I especially recommend the gnocchi (which even converted my mother, a confirmed gnocchi-hater). Desserts weren't as inventive, just good solid cake and ice-cream (not that I was complaining much.

Pros: Food is great, nice staff, huge portions

Cons: Unpromising location

Wow!!!!! - Edit

We went to Stereo for our last meal in Glasgow and I have to say the food was absolutely delicious!!!!!!
I had the gnocchi with mushrooms and pesto sauce. These were the best gnocchis I've ever tasted. Perfect!!!!!
It was served with a salad and 2 slices of garlic bread, yummy!!
The portions were huge.
For dessert I tried the carrot cake with beetroot topping which was amazing as well!
Staff was very friendly and the atmosphere in the restaurant was relaxed.
When in Glasgow you definitely need to try this restaurant.

Pros: Excellent food, Nice staff, Lots of choice

Very solid vegan food but average service - Edit

Overall, the food is very good, and the polenta fries are particularly worth trying. While the service can be very good or just average, its worth a visit for the food and in a good location (albeit a little hidden away in an alley) in downtown Glasgow!

We had dropped by Sterero on a past visit to Glasgow but it was closed (I think we must have tried to go just before their noon opening time on a Sunday). Luckily this time we made it in and had lunch there not one, but two times over a long weekend. The first time we stepped through the massive doors, we waited until someone noticed us and told us where to sit. There is a relatively small menu but they had a few specials one of which we got. We ordered the polenta fries, haggis kofta wrap, and the special breakfast burrito. They were all very good and tasty, but we saved enough room to also get a delicious mint chocolate brownie for dessert. All the bread is made fresh in house and it definitely tasted like it. The service this first time was fine, not especially good, but not bad either. There are lots of small plates that are good to try with interesting combinations like the polenta fries, which were very unique and delicious. On our second visit, we decided to stick with the small plates and got the polenta fries as well as the spring rolls and the haggis koftas (we were looking for a very light meal - a more substantial lunch would probably require 2-3 plates per person). The spring rolls were another good choice - warm and crispy with a nice sweet chili/soy sauce dip, but we felt the haggis koftas worked better in the wrap because they were a little dry and crumbly on their own. Our server the second time around was very friendly and paid prompt attention to our table, so we really appreciated that.

Pros: Delicious food, Nice atmosphere and interior, Interesting menu

Cons: Okay service

Wonderful food, woeful service, - Edit

When you enter Stereo, you go up a few stairs. The bar is immediately in front of you, and there's ten tables on the left which is the dining area. Various other tables are on the right, presumably these are for people just having drinks. There were at least three members of staff working, and less than half of the tables were full, so I thought "Cool, we'll get a nice quiet meal with good service"....... oh how wrong I was!

We spotted the sign that said "Please wait to be seated", so we waited..... it was about three minutes before any of the staff came to seat us. We were given menus by waitress#1, who took our drinks order, and brought them the drinks out very quickly.

We spent a while looking over the menus, and then waited for someone to come and take our order. We waited.... after about fifteen minutes of waiting we ended up having to go to the bar to ASK one of the staff to come and take our order!

When our (very tasty) starters were brought out by waitress#1 she put them down in front of us and walked off. No "enjoy", she just walked off!

When waitress #1 came to collect the plates she didn't bother asking "How was that?" or "Was everything ok for you there?" she just said "Are you finished?" and took the plates away.

Waitress#2 brought the (also very tasty) mains out, and she also couldn't be bothered to say "enjoy your meal" I asked her for a glass of water, which she brought back to me holding it by the very TOP of the glass (the most basic no-no in terms of hygiene) were my lips were supposed to go.

Despite being in the area for dining, and despite the "drinking area" tables being mostly empty, the staff were quite happy to let a group of five or six noisy and drunken people sit beside us in the dining area, which we could really have done without while trying to eat.

When waitress#3 came to clear our plates after the mains she also could not be bothered to inquire as to whether we had enjoyed our food, again all she was interested in was whether we had finished. It was at that point I decided that I would go elsewhere for dessert, and asked for the bill.

We waited for the bill... after about fifteen minutes of watching waitress#3 walk in and out of the kitchen, make herself a coffee, and chat with her colleagues we had to go and ask again.

Clearly the management/owner don't care about customer service, as the very basics were missing in their staff.

The food was excellent, but the experience was a let down. I feel sorry for the chef

Pros: Excellent Food, Central Location, Good value for money

Cons: Worst Service in Scotland

It's Okay! - Edit

Only in Glasgow would I rate this anything less than excellent, but that being said this is my least favourite out of the vegan places in town. The burgers and pizzas are better elsewhere and the staff always seem overworked. It is not a very relaxing place either. However I do like the sandwiches, especially the TLT and they have gluten free options clearly marked. It's central location can be handy too.

Pros: Central, Varied Menu, Sandwiches!

Cons: Hectic

Great atmosphere and delicious burger - Edit

I had a great time here with my friend when we came here for dinner. Even though it was a Monday night during the university summer holidays there was still a vibrant student pub atmosphere. A friendly, chatty staff member took our orders at the table. I was boring and chose the burger with everything plus chips, my default option, but I have to say it turned out there was nothing boring about the baked mushroom and chickpea burger. This was the best burger I’d had in some time, beautifully flavoured and well complemented by the condiments, although it was a bit on the pricey side at over £11 because I’d ordered all the extras. I washed it down with a couple of pints of nice lager from the tap. My companion characteristically chose the soup and sandwich. I sampled the falafel sandwich and it was very nice with interesting flavours. The rest of the menu looks great too and I’m only sorry I won’t be around to try more of it and enjoy the regular entertainment taking place at this venue.

Pros: All vegan pub, Delicious burger, Friendly chatty staff

Cons: Price adds up

Great location - Edit

The most distinguishing feature of this restaurant is its cool interior in an old record building - very unusual and interesting!
All the dishes are vegan, and I had the pasta of the day for just £5. It was very delicious, although the size was quite small. There was only one desert, but it was lovely. The staff were not that friendly, but altogether the atmosphere was nice and I recommend a visit here if you travel to Glasgow!

Pros: Unusual and convenient location, Tasty food

Cons: Friendliness could be better

great location. yummy food - Edit

Went to Stereo twice during our 4-day trip to Glasgow. The location was perfect and since we were caught in the rain a few times, it was a perfect get away - with some amazing food.

I loved the cheesy Margarita pizza and the side salads it came with. I also like the chickpea/mushroom burger but it could do with a special sauce or some vegan cheese (would definitely order it next time with the cheese). We also enjoyed the 5 tapas voor 10 pounds deal on a Monday - had the spring rolls, herby mushroom, tempura veggies, sweet potato wedges and muhammara. A really nice place to go to - next time I will make sure to go there in the evening to get an even better feel for the place.

Pros: all vegan menu, daily specials

Great location, great music and nice beers - Edit

Stereo has been on the go for a few years now. It's part of the related veggie bars around Glasgow and carries a reasonably varied menu. It's a more downmarket venue and is reasonably priced. Has some deals such as 5 taps for a tenner on mondays. A good selection of beers (stocks Williams bottled beers too) and a nice vibe. Attracts a more leftfield crowd and is very handily placed bang in the city centre 100 yards from Central Station in renfield lane. (there's alaos the old hairdressers pub facing stereo, worth a visit).
There's a gig and club situated downstairs with something on most nights of the week.
The main downside is that the seating is of the hard uncomfortable type!!

Pros: Reasonably priced, Good beer selection, Music

Cons: Uncomfortable seating

Delicious lunch in a cool atmosphere - Edit

We went to Stereo for lunch on a weekday. We were able to get a seat immediately, though the staff was very busy. The food was definitely worth the small wait. I was hoping for vegan "comfort food" and this place really delivered! The vegan cheese in the quesadillas just melts in your mouth. Best thing I've eaten in a while! My partner had a pizza that was quite tasty as well. The vibe was very laid back and it seemed like a great place to catch a live performance. I would definitely eat here again.

Pros: vegan, delicious, cool vibe

Cons: limited seating

Fantastic Vegan Food - Edit

Stereo is just fantastic, from the moment you realise that everything on the menu is "completely free of any animal produce", which avoids annoying questions around leaving cheese off and so forth like at many vegetarian places, to finding out that the food is as delicious as it sounds! I love it that the menu is by all appearances 'normal'. I ordered a meatball sub with a side of onion rings for lunch with a chocolate and hazelnut brownie with ice-cream for dessert. (The specials board at Stereo was so tempting I never even sighted the actual menu). It was all very delicious. Considering the informal setting this was good quality, satisfying food. There was also a really good vibe about the place. Although the staff were a little aloof they got the job done so no complaints there. Can't wait for my next trip to Glasgow now...

Pros: All vegan, Great 'normal' food menu options, Central city location

Can't wait to return with my best friend! - Edit

Me and my best friend (another young vegan) visited here together twice last summer. We are absolutely in love with the food and can not wait to go back when I return home, to Scotland, in June. Both times that we ate here, we shared, unable to decide from their lovely menu. It's a good place for classy vegan food and I hear the venue music venue is amazing. This will definitely be a place I will be visiting when I start uni and I would recommend it to any vegan. It is in the center of Glasgow (though a little hard to find if you do not know the area) and can be a little pricy. It is however an all over wonderful place with a nice atmosphere and a tasty selection of food.

Pros: Center of Glasgow , Yummy food, Great for friends

Cons: Can be pricey , Portions can be small, Can get busy

Food which is nourishing and delicious! - Edit

I had haggis pizza (vegan!) and it was delicious. There is an ever changing specials board and a huge choice.

Pros: good specials, friendly staff, Scottish choices!

Cons: drinks can be a little expensive

Amazing Wee Place - Edit

I just adore stereo, the staff are fab the food's yummy and it's just a great example of Vegan food done well.

My friends who aren't vegan also love it and didn't notice it was a vegan menu. It's a cleverly managed place, just like it's sister restaurant's/bar's (mono/the 78 etc.) I think they are all excellent and love visiting them!

Pros: amazing food, great welcome, good value

Cons: none!

Great chill-out place - Edit

I've been there twice for lunch.I had tapas (5 for £10 on a Monday!), which were awesome! Haggis fritters, spring rolls, tempura veggies, sweet potato chips and bruschetta. I also tried a soup with a sandwich (only £5-6!). Lovely sandwiches: a VLT (tempeh with vegan mayo) and roasted veggies with pesto were the best vegan sandwiches I've had in my life so far. The only thing that could be improved is the dessert options (they only had vegan croissants), I also wonder why they are selling non-veggie beer, and not marking it somehow in menu for people to know what is and what isn't vegan. The staff are very helpful,however, and you can always ask. If I lived in Glasgow I'd go there all the time.

Pros: great food, cheap, nice vibe

Cons: poor desserts choice, non-veggie alcohol

Wouldn't have the burger again - Edit

I had the mushroom & parsley burger with celeriac coleslaw. I like celeriac (or would not have ordered it) but found the taste of the whole burger so completely dominated by it that I did not fully enjoy the food.

Pros: all vegan

What a place? - Edit

We were recommended to check out this place by the guys at Saramago and we weren't let down.

We got there at 7 on a Wednesday night and the place was full apart from one table which we got. The atmosphere was amazing and it felt brilliant to be a part of it.

The food? What can I say? Both myself and my meat eating friend had the vegan haggis, hand cut chips, and Tartare sauce, and we shared a serving of the vegetable tempura. My friend cut into his haggis, took a bite, put his cutlery down and said "this is so good I could almost cry."

Great restaurant, great service, amazing atmosphere, and I shall forever return to this place every time I return to Glasgow.

If I could select higher than 5 I would.

Pros: Food, Service, Atmosphere

Cons: Blink and you'll miss the alley it's dow

Tasty food - Edit

Buzzing, loud at 2 pm on a weekday. Sandwiches include tempeh with caramelized onion, which was delicious, GBP4.50. Sandwich with soup, 5.50. I had carrot & lentil soup - very good. Daily specials included a wrap and salad for 4.50. Mondays: 5 tapas for £10. Noticed a sign for World Vegan Day saying "all food half-price." Great stuff.

Pros: tasty food, draft and bottled local beers

highly recommended - Edit

literally two streets away from Central Station and is housed in the old Daily Record newspaper offices - the building is Charles Rennie Mackintosh design so you get lots of tour groups standing outside taking photos while you eat! There is a sign stating "Daily Record Building" at the alley way so you know you're in the right place. Anyway we ate here three times during a recent trip (Aug 10) and the food and drinks were all good. The gnocci was cooked perfectly. The calzone was brilliant (never had vegan calzone before as its a rare find) and there are always good tapas dishes to try (recommend the roast beet and tadziki and the caremelised aubergines). Soup of the day is always good and filling. Decent wine list, we had the Prosecco which was £20 a bottle so in line with other bars. Food is good value for what you get. All vegan so plenty of choice which is rare for us!!

Pros: wide variety of food all day, great wine list, friendly staff

Cons: can be difficult to find

I'm in love. - Edit

Each of the three times I've been to Stereo since moving to Glasgow in September of last year I've fallen more in love with the place. My non-vegan boyfriend brought me here for Valentine's Day and was blown away by how much he loved the food. The prices are just fine at around 7 or 8 pounds per main meal, with an extensive tapas menu at around 3 pounds a dish. Meat Free Mondays currently offers 5 items from the tapas menu for 10 pounds - a bargain!

The staff are friendly and service is prompt, even when busy. The hummus in this place is to die for. The place itself is down an alley just off a main road in Glasgow city centre, but don't worry, it's not intimidating or scary. Well worth finding! I am definitely a customer for as long as this place keeps delivering such a high quality service.

Pros: Great atmosphere and music, High quality food, Music venue downstairs

Stereo - take me to my happy place - Edit

We love this place. It is our resto of choice in glasgow, even for my non-veggie daughter.
Fave meal is The Greek, beautiful flat bread packed with hummous olives and shredded carrots. If the mushroom and ale soup is on when you are there jump on it, its amazing

5.95 for a soup and sandwich you won't find a better bargain.
this place gets packed most evenings so do call ahead if you want to get a seat .

Pros: awesome food, friendly service, very affordable

Cons: hard to drop in as so popular, needs more food tables

Wow, really well put together pub! Nicely done! - Edit

Highly impressed with this pub, we walked down what seemed to be an alley and went through the doors into a very well put together place. Plenty of stylish seating and a huge menu (literally its a giant laminated card) The Calzone was wonderful and fresh. We also had the VLT, which was good as well, but would have rather not have had the tempeh fried. Good beer selection! Excellent crowd, too. Even some grey hairs enjoying the food :)

Pros: calzone, well put together place, fresh ingredients

Good vegan food - Edit

This is very much a pub that does food, it even puts gigs on downstairs regularly. It has quite a young crowd and can get very busy, especially at end of work days when you may have to wait for a table, however my partner and I are mid 40's and felt really welcome there. The food is all vegan and very much 'pub grub' but great nevertheless, the vegan haggis, chips and mushy peas is highly recommended. The desserts can be a bit hit and miss and seem to run out often, I went there three times the last time I was in Glasgow and the chocolate cake was always 'off', which was a pity and, on a bank holiday afternoon, they had no desserts at all except vegan ice cream! However, these are minor quibbles, everything is very tasty and will definitely be visiting again when in Glasgow.

Pros: Great vegan food, Friendly, Central

Cons: Lack of desserts, Not 100% vegan, cow's milk in fridge!!, Can get very busy

Great place! - Edit

Stereo is located just a block away from Glasgow Central Station. Very chilled atmosphere, staff are very friendly and listen to any requirements you have.

Place gets busy at 1 and 5 everyday.

I go nearly everytime I'm in Glasgow, I highly recommend the Mexican Breakfast (not on the menu, check the board to see if it's on special!), Haggis Fritters (on the menu, about £7), or for good value the Soup of the Day (usually 2 choices) and any sandwich for £5.50 (VLT sandwich rocks!). But anything on the menu is really tasty, and most mains are between £7-8. Quite a selection on the menu. Also all bread is baked in the restaurant!

I'm a cider drinker, they have Strongbow on tap, and stock Dunkertons and Samuel Smiths Organic cider.

As a side note there's a music venue downstairs which is massive compared to upstairs restaurant!

They serve 12-9 (I think) every day. I quickly became a regular. Go here now!

Pros: Great location, Very friendly staff, willing to adapt, Tasty food, reasonably priced!

Stereo, Glasgow - Edit

I had Sunday lunch here. Mega chilled out vibe, similarly chilled out but also help person behind the bar, decent choice of all vegan vegetarian food.

Very centally located just off Renfield Street 1 street up from Glasgow Central station.

Fodd served 7 days from noon til 21:00. The bar stays open later.

Only downside is at least some of the beers aren't vegetarian (eg Guiness).

Pros: 100% vegan veggie food, Central, Nice vibe

Cons: Not 100% vegetarian beers

My kind of Venue - Edit

Stereo is quite simply a superb venue. The first time we went was on a Saturday night at around 21:00 expecting to have a meal. It was so busy there were people queuing outside. Inside people were having food but it was far too busy. Apparently there was also a music event on which explained the crowds. We decided to go to The 13th Note vegetarian bar that evening instead.

The next time we went to Stereo was on a Sunday afternoon and it was a much more relaxed experience. Although we didn't eat having already been to Tchai Ovna vegetarian tea house earlier the food looked truly excellent and certainly of and above restaurant standards. There is a great atmosphere, we could have stayed all day but had to get a train back to England. If you want to see some examples of the food on offer simply do a search on 'stereo glasgow vegan' on flickr dot com. I am sure you will be impressed. Glasgow has a wealth of vegan venues, it is also very worth while considering 'Mono' (Stereo's sister) and 'The 78'.

Pros: unique venue, food, excellent european beer

Cons: can get so busy

Return to Glasgow Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Stereo closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 12548 times since Sep 2008.