Sputnik

• Veg-friendly
Contact 720-570-4503

3 S Broadway, Denver, Colorado, USA, 80209

Serves meat, vegan options available. Dive bar connected to a small music venue. Eggplant turnovers, veggie chorizo, several soy meat substitutions for menu items, falafel, tempeh BLTs, etc. Menu denotes vegan items, and mentions vegetarian versions where applicable. Has Wi-Fi.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by LinGer

would love to eat there again. - Edit

happy hour food specials were great. love eating at a booth table.

Pros: food was great, happy hour food specials, big table/booth

Cons: only 2 staff on floor, music was loudish (its a bar)

One of the greatest menus ever. - Edit

When I first saw this menu, I thought it was lying to me. I saw so many v's and figured they must have had a typo in the key and meant vegetarian instead of vegan. Nope, the menu is correct, duh. There are so many options and it is incredible. I had the best banh mi of my life here. And the roasted jalapeno dipping sauce is divine.

Jackfruit Tacos and other YUMS - Edit

We love Sputnik. Cool neighborhood, cool bar, good service, YUMMY vegan food. We've actually tried to return the jackfruit tacos after tasting and both being positive it was pork. Nope - just really really great texture and flavor! This is a regular spot for us when in the area. All the vegan food is great! Bahn Mi is another favorite, vegan dipping sauces are great too. Delicious when sober, absolutely to die for after a few drinks... either way - this is a great spot for vegans.

Pros: Jackfruit tacos, Serves food really late, Yummy vegan options

Cons: Gets pretty crowded

I absolutely LOVE this place. I eat here as often as possible, there are quite a few vegan friendly restaurants in Denver but Sputnik's is BY FAR my favorite. There are so many delicious options on their menu and most of them have the option to add meat so my carnivore friends are happy to join me there. My husband loves the pork tacos. I really love the 'Stacks of vegan power' from the brunch menu, The sweet potato fries &/or the Arepas are always great alongside any dish. I have tried all of the vegan sandwiches and they are each amazing & unique. The Mushroom Po Boy is really something special. Speaking of specials, these are always top notch as well. The winter ramen bowl is ridiculously amazing and the cold summer noodle bowl is equally as wonderful.
The staff is also a big reason I like to come here. They are always friendly & knowledgeable. One of the waiters in particular is my favorite, he always has a great recommendation for me and because of this I have found myself eating (and loving) things I maybe wouldn't have ordered otherwise.
Oh, and they have a great espresso bar last but not least. I don't drink alcohol but Im sure if I did they would be expert mixoligists.
I just cannot say enough good things about Sputnik's, from the food to the staff each time I go I am glad I did. You will be too!

Pros: Selection, Friendly staff, Cool atmosphere

Cons: parking

first impression - Edit

The food was amazing! I had gotten the summer noodle bowl with tofu and it was beyond what I had expected. The atmosphere was very relaxed but the server was prompt, polite, and informative about the food. I most definitely will be returning. Another huge pro is they have just a many meat options, my spouse has a hard time going full veggie so its nice that you can go there with others and not feel limited.

Pros: great food, relaxed atmosphere, wide options

Cons: not great parking

Sputnik - Edit

Has a fair amount of vegan options to chose from. I had the falafel wrap which has a bit of a spice to it. Very good.

The service was quick. The atmosphere was a bar/ diner. The crowd was mainly punkish/tatoo. The bar/ diner has a dj, but not sure what nights they perform.

If you are looking for a quiet place to eat this is not the place to be, but for the bar goers, this is the place to be. Art for sale, seating in a diner setting or at the bar.

Pros: Inexpensive , Quick service

Cons: Loud, Noisy

Good/Cheap Food - Edit

Sputnik is a nice change of pace to Watercourse (my usual hang-out when I go to Denver). It has a charming hipster/dive atmosphere. The portions are pretty small but satisfying. Most items on their menu are around $5-7 so you really can't go wrong. My mom and I were the only people in this place without tattoos but we still got great service ;) I recommend the falafel wrap.

Perfect for weekend breakfast! - Edit

The vegan breakfast food is amazing! I had 'The Hangover' veganized with vegan chile and chorizo and it was delicious. I saw so many other great things on the menu it was hard to decide. I'll definitely be going back to try out more.

Pros: Lots of vegan options!, Tasty Food, Friendly Staff

we Love Sputnik - Edit

My wife, daughter and I eat there on a regular basis and continue to enjoy the selection of vegan options they offer. Good food and a great staff. Plus great coffee! Cheers.

Pros: cheap, great staff, truely vegan friendly

Cons: not enough tables at peak times

Not for me... - Edit

Sputnick was the last place I ate during my recent trip to Denver and I think it's safe to say that I will not be going back to this restaurant during my upcoming Denver trips - I almost wish I didn't eat there at all. This restaurant is the typical hipster/hippie restaurant with the strange art on the walls with the hipster/hippie crowd that goes along with it. I usually like these places because they generally make some good food, but not Sputnick's. I ordered the vegan TLT (tempeh, lettuce, tomato) and it was just bad. The tempeh was too thick and too flavorless and the vegan mayo tasted just plain weird. The tempeh was so bad that I actually had to take all of it off of my sandwich. Maybe this whole situation could have been fixed had the waitress come to our table (at least once) to see how things were and maybe replace the bad sandwich with a better one, but the fact of the matter is that she didn't. I do not recommend this place.

Great, funky place - Edit

In my life Sputnik's is 5 stars all the way around. A great place to catch an after work beer and bite to eat. A fun place for brunch - with or w/o mimosas. We're too old to hang out there late night...

Sputnik's recently changed their menu around and now offer more vegan breakfast options -- they added scrambled tofu. Add in polite staff, interesting local artwork, and fair prices for an experience that'll bring you back.

Pros: Food tastes great, Atmosphere, Full service bar

Cons: Limited seating

Return to Denver Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sputnik closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2948 times since Oct 2009.