Springhouse

( 1 review )
902-404-8080

1209 Marginal Rd (at Seaport Farmers' Market), Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada, B3H 4P8

Kitchen counter offering healthy take-out food and specialty grocery items at the Halifax Seaport Farmers' Market. Specializes in burgers, cakes, smoothies, salads. Has raw and gluten-free options. Take away only, however there is lots of public seating within the market. Formerly operated as Fruition (same spot). Open Mon-Fri 10:00am-5:00pm, Sat 7:00am-3:00pm, Sun 9:00am-3:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, American, Organic, Raw, Western, Fast food, Juice bar, Catering, Gluten-free, Take-out only

1 Review

First Review by gopherveg

Decent but not overly impressive - Edit

I bought a protein bowl and carrot cake. I was pretty hungry and so apparently the bowl was the most filling dish. It was tasty but still a bit small (smaller than, say, Freshii). I will note that the "feta" tofu is delicious. Overall great bowl. The carrot cake (and most the desserts) were disappointing. I wanted something sweet and full of carbs, but the desserts all seemed to be raw and flourless. The carrot cake was recommended so I bought it, but found it to be way overpriced (~$7) as it was cold and not at all soft and fluffy. Even the icing, which looks like buttercream, was hard and cold and not creamy. I couldn't even finish eating the cake. I hope this was just a one-off bad batch of cake as I really want to support a fully vegan restaurant. All told the meal was $18.

Pros: Waterfront location

Cons: Pricey, Everything seems to be gluten free and raw

Return to Halifax Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Springhouse closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.