Sora no Niwa

+81-357987331

Ebisu 4-7-2 Ebisu, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo, Japan

Serves meat, vegan options available. Stylish setup in a quiet alley. Specializing in tofu-based dishes. The tofu is made in-house. Note that some dishes contain katsuodashi (fish base) containing sauces - so tell your server you're veg and ask for alternate sauce. Nearest station is Ebisu station on the Hibiya and JR Yamanote lines. Note: In Japan kitchens often stop serving 30-60 minutes before closing time. Call ahead to confirm.

Categories: Japanese, Beer/Wine, Non-veg

First Review by Kimxula

good find - Edit

very nice place in terms of atmosphere- japanese. ask for english menu. there are many dishes marked as vegetarian but after a conversation with the staff many of them contain-dashi-the fish sauce. staff were able to identify the 'real' vegetarian meals and were generally nice and trying to be helpful. it's a good place to be in a japanese environment and have something to eat actually:)

Amazing tofu, amazing place!! - Edit

I would never have known, or found, this place if it weren't for my boyfriend who took me here on my last night in Tokyo. This place is really not to be missed. The ambiance is just right; it's got a dimly lit and 'traditional' Japanese atmosphere, very cosy - ideal place for a date or with a group of friends. Service is great and prices aren't too steep, considering Ebisu is one of the most expensive parts of Tokyo. The tofu here is made in-house and is amazing!!! My boyfriend and I ordered this 'box' type of thing (see pictures uploaded) and inside it was what I assume was some kind of soy milk...after 20 min of it being on top of hot coals, we had our own home made tofu! So delicious eaten with a bit of lime and salt and pepper. We also tried the avocado tofu cubes which were refreshing and yummy, as well as a few other tofu and rice dishes...all so delicate, fresh and tasty. I have no doubt you'll have a really pleasant dining experience here...although not vegan/vegetarian, it IS a tofu-based restaurant, so there are plenty of options for veg people and anything that isn't can be adapted - Sora no Niwa was definitely one of the nicest places I ate at during my stay in Tokyo :)
Updated from previous review on Wednesday June 17, 2015

Pros: Delicious homemade tofu!!, Lovely ambiance, Great staff

Cons: Bit pricey (but decent for Ebisu)

Return to Tokyo Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sora no Niwa closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.