Sol Mexican Cocina

Contact 949-675-9800

251 E Coast Hwy , Newport Beach, California, USA, 92660

Serves meat, vegan options available. A Mexican restaurant with a vegetarian menu section, of which some items are vegan including black bean dip, salsa, tortillas with no butter, beet & watermelon salad, achiote rive, esquites salad, borracho black beans, quinoa cranberry salad with pepitas and many more. Located by The Rusty Pelican.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by ReneeNButtercup

Vegan Options on the Newport Coast - Edit

My Company held their Christmas Party at this location and I was so happy to see all the Vegan options. Of course it was a Christmas Party so I had to deal with the preselected items, but I was happy to not leave hungry.

We started off with the chips salsa and black bean dip all were very good. Chips were hot and fresh, salsa was flavorful and the bean dip was good.

Soon after the Guacamole arrived, it came with habanero chili on the side so you could adjust your heat. It was very good. I would have added more heat, but I was sharing so I was kind.

The salad was realy good with a tequila vinaigrette it had pepita's, and mango as well as fresh greens and tomatoes.

The chili Reliano was not battered and fried this allowed you to actually enjoy the flavorful chili. This course had Cheese like I said I was not able to choose the menu. I did eat the chili in a tortilla with sautéed spinach (not on the menu sorry) and avocado and salsa. yes I made my own tacos.

The food that I was able to enjoy was very good an fresh I was just very impressed that the Newport Coast finally has options for Veg's. Trust me I have looked.

Oh and they have this amazing margarita - it is cucumber and Jalapeno I would totally recommend.

Pros: Veg Options, Nice views

Cons: Meat and Dairy served here

Return to Newport Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sol Mexican Cocina closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 439 times since Dec 2015.