Sloco

• Veg-friendly
Contact 615-499-4793

2905 12th Ave S (at Kirkwood), Nashville, Tennessee, USA, 37212

Serves meat, vegan options available. Sandwich shop offers local, organic, and quick food. Has several vegan choices such as a quinoa-meatball sub and in-house-made seitan sub. All sandwiches can be made vegan or vegetarian. Shares seating space with a local art studio.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Organic, Fast food, Delivery, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by Technicality

local food! so cool! - Edit

So all the food on the menu is locally sourced, which is awesome. Artsy decor. Friendly staff. Vegan OPTIONS, people. Not one, multiple. Now, I have had the vegan "meatball" sub, and while everything hollyfrench has said in her review is true, I personally enjoyed it quite a lot. Quinoa? Good. Sweet potato? Good marinara? Gooood! I think squishy food is comforting and yummy, so I don't care when these type of dishes don't hold form, still tastes great to me! Show up hungry because these sandwiches are big and you won't want to leave a bite behind.

Pros: delicious, vegan options, local ingredients

Cons: parking

not great - Edit

I had one of the two vegan options at this place, and it just wasn't very good. The quinoa meatballs were barely-seasoned quinoa shaped into a ball, and by the time I opened my sandwich, they'd been smashed into quinoa mush. The marinara wasn't very flavorful, and was full of partially cooked sweet potato(?), I think. It was edible, but didn't leave me any desire to go back and try something else.

Sloco - Edit

Small sandwich shop in the 12 South district. Has several vegan options. All sandwiches can be made veggie.

I had the quinoa "meatball" sub. It was tasty and satisfying. The tomato sauce was hearty an chunky with other veggies. My friend had the shaved seitan and I'll try that next time.

Pros: vegan sandwiches, local food conscious

Cons: parking

Return to Nashville Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Sloco closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1355 times since Jan 2014.