Simply Asia - Heritage Square

• ( 4 reviews )

96 Shortmarket St, Cape Town, South Africa, 8000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Thai restaurant. Has dishes with vegetables, tofu and soya chunks. Starters, noodles and sushi also have vegan options. Be sure to check if a dish is or can be fully vegan when ordering. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Thai, Delivery, Take-out, Asian, Non-veg

First Review by konlish

Charliahunt

Points +143

20 Jan 2018

Delicious - definitely recommend!

No actual vegan options but they’re really nice about creating something for you. Some of the best Thai food I’ve had in a while.

Pros: Quite a few choices, They’re happy to change dishes to suit you, Good location

ryanwhatt

Points +339

17 Dec 2017

Perfectly spiced!

While they have a few vegan options, a lot of them are pretty similar. I’m not sure if the noodles have egg (I didn’t inquire), so I skipped over that section. I went with the green curry, standard spicy, and loved it. Super flavorful, fresh veggies, and the tofu had great texture. Was 89 rand for the curry!

Guest

29 Jun 2017

Awesome food

GREAT food, especially in winter. We've eaten at the restaurant itself, but usually opt for takeaways.

They have quite a few veggie options, but I usually go for the tofu cashew nut stirfry or the one with brinjals.

Pros: Great food - filling & warm, Great location - easy (paid) parking closeby

konlish

Points +3952

30 Jan 2017

Nice Thai

We were in the city centre, we already ate at the 2 vegan places in town Happy Herbivore and Plant and wanted to try something different. This Thai place was just the thing.  We have eaten at their take away stand in Waterfront before. The portions in a sit down is much more and is only possible at this location. We got to sit and have a meal. It tasted different from the previous Simply Asia we visited at Waterfront.  It was tasteful and filling.  We had from the Vegetarian list: 409 Hed Phad Med Prik-Phao Standard and other medium heat.  408 Mah-Khuer Tao-Jeow no heat.There are other items also to explore suitable for vegans. Recommend this place to try some Thai food.

Pros: Vegan options , Reasonable portion, Has indoor and outdoor seating

Cons: Serves meat, eggs and dairy.

Return to Cape Town Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Simply Asia - Heritage Square closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.